• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surgeon, GAP, etc question

Win.308

Private
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2007
Sarepta ,Louisiana
I got out of shooting for the last few years and have recently started getting back into it a little at a time. I have a Fn Spr A1 .308 with a Leopold Mk4. I did a little trigger work and that's it. The rifle shoots really well, with a little more load development etc I'm sure it can out shoot my abilities no problem. As far as cost goes for tactical rifles its on the lower/mid range. What makes you personally decide to spend the extra money on a gap or surgeon vs a fn or other similar priced rifles? I like gap etc just curious what makes them worth the extra coin to you personally.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I got out of shooting for the last few years and have recently started getting back into it a little at a time. I have a Fn Spr A1 .308 with a Leopold Mk4. I did a little trigger work and that's it. The rifle shoots really well, with a little more load development etc I'm sure it can out shoot my abilities no problem. As far as cost goes for tactical rifles its on the lower/mid range. What makes you personally decide to spend the extra money on a gap or surgeon vs a fn or other similar priced rifles? I like gap etc just curious what makes them worth the extra coin to you personally.

Attention to detail. With something like a FN more than likely it'll be a shooter, but there's that slim chance it won't be. When your buying a GAP........or a Surgeon you KNOW its going to be a shooter.

Most companies now even commercial companies like Winchester,weatherby, savage,etc. are putting a 1moa guarantee on their rifles. Is that extra .5moa really justified by a few thousand extra? Don't take it the wrong way I like the heck out of the surgeon, gap, mcmillian etc rifles I would love to get a Gap for my next rifle just trying to justify the price difference is hard to do so y'all convince me lol

The guarantee they have is with factory ammo as well so I know with the right reloads it would probably be easy to squeeze another .5 out of them