• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surgeon or Templar action?

Brandon7766

Private
Minuteman
Nov 13, 2011
Cant decide...think im going to have GAP build me a gun but cant decide between the 2 actions. Opinions?

The GA guarsntee is better on Templar, but i suspect thats for marketing purposes? Out at the tactical match I spectated there were a good amount of both defiance and surgeon, and some Remington of course.

Re: Surgeon or Templar action?

You couldnt go wrong with either. I have the templar and love it. Its true, they shoot real good and so does surgeon. I have a .260 getting build right now with a Surgeon Action! I like the intergrated 20moa base and lug. They have both proven themselves on the range and matches!

After fondling both I have come to the conclusion . . . . . . . .. .
crazy.gif
That they are both amazing, and I would be extremely happy with either one.

I have a templar in my gap gun and it's absolutely awesome. Can comment on the other, I don't have one.
KT

get the surgeon action , theres nothing wrong with the templar action but the surgeon is as higher quality part theres no doubt.

I chose Surgeon just because I always wanted one but either will do you VERY WELL for along time.

You'll be extremely happy with either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS-8541-dono</div><div class="ubbcode-body">get the surgeon action , theres nothing wrong with the templar action but the surgeon is as higher quality part theres no doubt. </div></div>

OP, even though I do prefer Surgeon over Defiance the statement above is a little incorrect. I assuming this was 8541's opinion. Some believe Surgeon is superior due to it's integrated parts but Defiance has the m16 extractor and you can change rails out if you need more/less MOA.

It comes down to which one you just prefer more. Many people are loyal to certain brands, there's nothing wrong with that.

bolts9-1-10002.jpg

bolts9-1-10001.jpg

Surgeon 591 on the left, Templar on the right, both are .473 bolt face.

I have four rifles built around Surgeon actions and three with Templars. I've never had any problems with any of them. They've all been used hard.

My money stays with the Templar, on my second one and Im sure there will be more.

On a side note, GAP is a true stand up shop and always gives back to the shooing community.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My money stays with the Templar, on my second one and Im sure there will be more.

On a side note, GAP is a true stand up shop and always gives back to the shooing community.</div></div>

So is/does Surgeon, within reason compared to the size differnce in the two companies. I'm in oklahoma, so I'm sure I'm biased as I like to try and support local businesses when possible.....it doesn't hurt either that they build one of the finest actions. Take a look at all the "GAP" rifles for sale in the classifieds and compare that to the number of Surgeon rifles for sale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My money stays with the Templar, on my second one and Im sure there will be more. On a side note, GAP is a true stand up shop and always gives back to the shooing community.</div></div> So is/does Surgeon, within reason compared to the size differnce in the two companies.</div></div>That's not my experience.

My Surgeon had the same problem that Jacob's did. I PM'd Preston with a very polite heads-up as to what was happening. He read the PM and deleted it without answering me. No offer to fix it. Not even a F--K You. Nothing.

I later heard through GAP, whom I paid to fix it, that Preston says simply don't run the bolt hard.

I've never bought another Surgeon. They're fine actions. And I'm sure they are even better now than they were then. But what you say about them being responsive and responsible is not my personal experience.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pusher591</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SS-8541-dono</div><div class="ubbcode-body">get the surgeon action , theres nothing wrong with the templar action but the surgeon is as higher quality part theres no doubt. </div></div>

OP, even though I do prefer Surgeon over Defiance the statement above is a little incorrect. I assuming this was 8541's opinion. Some believe Surgeon is superior due to it's integrated parts but Defiance has the m16 extractor and you can change rails out if you need more/less MOA.

It comes down to which one you just prefer more. Many people are loyal to certain brands, there's nothing wrong with that.</div></div>

its all about tolerences and craftsmanship and the surgeon has the edge and thats not personal opinion thats fact, if you like the m16 extractor better on the templar go with the templar but there would need to be many more reasons other than the extractor to sway me from a surgeon 591 to a templar, i own ga rifles and would not spend my money on a build anywhere else but when it comes to action vs action the surgeon is a better platform to build off of.

I stated I do prefer and like Surgeon more then Defiance but some prefer the extractor mod. I Also listed more then the extractor. Many who shoot long distance 800-1200 with a .308 prefer to switch their rails out because their scopes may not have enough adjustment. For a person who competes on a regular basis, that's an advantage worth its weight in Surgeon actions
smile.gif

I love Surgeon, I love my Surgeon but I have never seen a Defiance that had any less tolerances then a Surgeon. I'm not arguing I was just trying to make sure the OP has facts and not opinions.

i just dont see how removing your scope mount before or after shooting is a advantage over having a built in 20 moa rail on a short action , if your shooting 308 at 1200 and your scope is out of adjustment on a 20 min rail a 30 min rail isnt going to make any difference, i think you might be the only person i have heard say a built in 20 min rail on a surgeon action might be a negative factor? and for the op do some more reaserch and get what you want you will be happy with either but i would advise contacting a custom build shop other than ga and ask them the same question as i would also be interested in their response.

Like I said Im not trying to argue or make your point invalid just trying to help the OP. I'm not saying the integrated rail is a negative factor, overall it's a great shooting advantage but I know several people who compete and interchange rails depending on the comp their shooting. I agree with you, I like Surgeon better but I have shot several Defiances that shoot just as well as my Surgeon, and my rifle is a consistent 1/2 MOA gun to 730 yards as long as I stay consistent.

I have owned my fair share of both. I personally like the Templar. Tolerance is no better on the surgeon over the Templar that I can find and if anyone wants to prove me wrong it wouldn't be the first time. A built in rail is nice but I have never broke a rail off one on a Templar. I love being able to run 10 round AW mags with my Templars. As far as needing a 20moa over a 30moa rail it's personal preference but it's nice if you want that option just like the option to run AW mags instead of AI mags.

Gap is an awesome company that I actually enjoy spending my money with. I say they should hire George to run the IRS and I would send the check in with a smile on my face.

I have had both and the Surgeon and the Templar. I always found the the Templars were a bit "sticky" and need some breaking in. My surgeons are butter from the get go. I prefer the 591.

Either...both great receivers you'll be happy with which ever one you chose.

in this scenario there is no wrong answer.

Templar for the following reasons:

M16style extractor / superior extraction
AI and AW mags
Side bolt release (very much a personal preference but it just looks better IMHO)

GAP is also a fantastic shop and while they'll still build you up an amazing rifle on the 591, I really like the guarantee and how strongly they stand behind the Templar.

Not sure I agree with the statements that the "surgeon is a higher quality part, there's no doubt"...I am biased though, I have two GAP/Templar action builds today with a 3rd in process. I don't worry about outshooting or out living any of them.

What's been in the winners circle more this year?
Snipershide Cup
Snipershide Bash
Tiger Valley
Lonestar Challenge
Texas State Bolt Rifle championship
And so so many more....

I won't say who it is (no need to drag him into this), but I had a lengthy discussion with someone I believe to be one of the top precision rifle smiths out there about such things. In his word, nobody has shown him that there is a better action out there than the Surgeon 591. He was quick to say there may be equally good actions available, but in his opinion none better.

As was said above, I don't think either action you mentioned would be a regrettable decision.

Both are good actions. The intergral recoil lug is a plus for me makes having multiple barrels / calibers alot easier on switching barrels. So I like the surgeon better.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Morris#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's been in the winners circle more this year?
Snipershide Cup
Snipershide Bash
Tiger Valley
Lonestar Challenge
Texas State Bolt Rifle championship
And so so many more.... </div></div>

So the Guys that came in last place that shot Surgeons had a bad action? I'm not going to discount the skill of someone in this game by saying they won because of there action. Any shooter with a high end accurate rifle will tell you that all they want is no malfunctions. If you can show me someone that came in 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or whatever because of a malfunction with a Templar then you may be right but I haven't heard of one complaint. You put a Surgeon or a Templar in the hand of someone that is shooting well and has worked hard to get the win and you've got a winner. I've never had a Surgeon or a Templar give me trouble.

When you see a Templar action, most likely the rifle was built by GA Precision which in my experience is a great company and builds amazingly accurate rifles. If you see a Surgeon action it may have been built by Red Jacket (especially if it uses AK mags) or some other smith good or bad. I own a few Surgeon built rifles that shoot amazing. I have had built a surgeon action by others that don't shoot well. I always send my rifles to GA Precision when that happens. I don't think one is better than the other and I would only caution someone to choose a good smith.

Don't get me started on barrels!

I wasn't really saying that Surgeon's make winners. But it seems to me that if I were getting into another gear heavy sport, I would check to see what the winners were using. Because that would undoubtedly be a good place to start. Just looking in from the outside, it also would make sense that maybe those guys that happen to be working hard and winning matches, are choosing surgeons because they think they are best. All of this is coming from a kid who isn't even old enough to buy pistol ammo. So take it for what its worth.

And by no means is any of that a bash of Mr. George or any of the guys that shoot on his team. I have shot many, many matches with every one of them and they are some of my closest friends.

Pimp,

I'd like to hear what you have to say about barrels. I say this with the utmost respect, not tryin to be a douche.

I have both the Defiance action and the Surgeon action & like them both - can't go wrong with either!!

Given my location, I would have chosen a Defiance-built action over the Surgeon 591. But I was able to get a NIB Surgeon at a great price. I really like both the integrated rail (can't imagine needing anything else for a .308) and the recoil lug. My one customer service experience with Surgeon (a question on coating the bolt) was answered within a day and satisfactorily.

One of these days, though, when I'm near Columbia Falls, MT I will see if I can stop in and check out Defiance's shop. I love that stuff.

Are the "winners" at the matches sponsored and paid to shoot and say which actions are best?

I would like to see the "facts" that prove a Surgeon action is better. Fact involve science and proof, not heresy or opinion.

I've met Preston and all a few times. He's a great guy. But saying one action is better than another is BS unless you have science or some type of empirical evidence to back it up.

Bottom line is both actions are of extremely high quality and getting either one would be an excellent choice.

Personally, I'm a Templar.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've met Preston and all a few times. He's a great guy.</div></div>I've never met him. I look forward to meeting him some day. I hear he's a great guy. Maybe he'll answer my next PM or e-mail about his rifle action instead of summarily deleting it. Especially since my Moon-modified Surgeon is now reliable and I still use it.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally, I'm a Templar. </div></div> Wow! Do you go to those secret meetings and all? I'd like to drive one of those little parade cars. ;-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azimutha</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally, I'm a Templar. </div></div> Wow! Do you go to those secret meetings and all? I'd like to drive one of those little parade cars. ;-)</div></div>

Sure, come by my house and go around back. Walk into the dark garage and we will tell you what happened when you wake up.
laugh.gif

There is always the option of sending both actions to a third party to have runout checked on both. Just trying to think out of the box here. No harm intended.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Morris#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is always the option of sending both actions to a third party to have runout checked on both. Just trying to think out of the box here. No harm intended.</div></div>

That makes too much sense. If we did that, then we couldn't argue about it anymore. If that happened, there would then be a right and a wrong group. Nobody wants to wrong, and God forbid if it came back with Surgeon on top. This is "Pro" GAP land.......The kingdom of George!!! Submit to his rule, or be crushed by the Ban Hammer.

If you want to decide what may suit you best, try using some methodology rather than just a bunch of opinions.

1. No question that George is an awesome guy and if you have him build you a rifle on either action more than likely you’ll be happy. Same goes if Stephen at Surgeon built you a rifle.
2. The questions you should ask yourself are: what are the differences between the two and what you think would be best for YOU?
- Tolerances are probably close to the same.
- Stainless Action = toss up because you can get a Surgeon RSR in stainless without integral rail but the RSR has two 1/8 inch holes for dowel pins in addition to the 8-40 screws to hold the base on. It’s not that large of difference to say which one is better but adding two extra dowel pins adds a degree of comfort to keep the base from jarring loose.
- 4140 steel = Surgeon 591. It will need to be coated to prevent rusting; not a major issue.
- Integral 20 MOA rail on the Surgeon 591 not only will keep your base in the same location forever, it adds stiffness to the receiver. The stiffer the action, barrel, stock = less harmonic vibrations. Less harmonic vibrations equates to greater potential accuracy.
- If the Defiance has the same thread footprint as a 700, then the Surgeon 591 has an additional 36% more thread tenion. No question that additional thread tenion adds stiffness.
- M16 style extractor or Remington extractor…toss up. Just make sure you carry both at a match in case one goes down and the tools to replace it quickly.
- Integral lug on the 591 is nice because you never need to worry about a lug fixture tool for swapping barrels.
- Both have 1 piece bolt.
- I prefer the small or no helical flutes on a bolt because if your magazine is pushed up from a sandbag, ruck, dirt mound, etc., any bolt with a large helical flute profile could grab the edge of your magazine and cause the bolt to not close and/or bend the lip of your magazine. I’ve had this happen with other actions. If you get a defiance, I’d suggest getting one with the smallest helical flute available if that’s an option. The 591, this is not an issue because the helical flutes are so small that the issue mentioned would not occur.
- Both have a side bolt release button.

Will both actions work? Yes! If you want to be methodical on your decisions, keep doing your research on the pros and cons of both actions that YOU think will be best for your applications. Keep asking questions of others that can give you facts rather than make a decision from some half ass opinion of others, including myself. For me, I chose the 591 for a number of reasons that best suited me and my style of shooting.

In addition, there is something to be said about Mr. Morris’s comment that a number of top shooters in the tactical shooting game use the Surgeon 591. That’s a fact that shouldn’t be disregard lightly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Defiance will eject the brass... just sayin'
wink.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1827799 </div></div>

This was an issue on a few of the very first actions. It was addressed years ago. I have shot many, many rounds of many calibers through many different surgeons and have never had this happen.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Morris#3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is always the option of sending both actions to a third party to have runout checked on both. Just trying to think out of the box here. No harm intended.</div></div>

That makes too much sense. If we did that, then we couldn't argue about it anymore. If that happened, there would then be a right and a wrong group. Nobody wants to wrong, and God forbid if it came back with Surgeon on top. This is "Pro" GAP land.......The kingdom of George!!! Submit to his rule, or be crushed by the Ban Hammer. </div></div>

Sarcasm or not, you're an idiot. Why don't you pony up the funds and send both actions to an independent laboratory. And then, make sure you send enough actions of each type so we get a good cross section of production runs, not just one or two "lucky" actions. So when you drop about $20K +/- to show which action(s) have less run out, then opine here and bring back the truth and fact. And I don't care if it is Surgeon. It better be for the hefty price tag.

This is "Pro GAP" land because it was "GAP" land when there was no one else around. Years and years before you were here and yes, I'm talking before Preston too, George et al were busting their ass making top quality rifles using the best components available at the time. They were supporting the Hide, the couple of comps around, and the tactical shooting community in general so this may be the "Kingdom of George" but he's done more for the tactical shooting community and custom rifle manufacturer than anyone else.

Next, GAP are gunsmiths first who built their own action second. George et al were building on Surgeons LONG BEFORE the Templar came around, I know because I had two of them. So how do you address the GAP built Surgeon issue? Does Preston build on Templars? No? Because George and GAP will build on a Surgeon. Besides, Surgeon hasn't been making full rifles for a long time either. They were only producing actions for a long time.

The GAP 7000 and the Templar filled voids between a tuned Remington, a BR action and an increasingly more expensive Surgeon action. Now that there are a plethora of actions to choose from, many want to forget that up until a few years ago that wasn't the case. If you wanted a custom action you went with a Surgeon. When the price for Surgeons became prohibitive George worked with Lawton (first) and then Defiance to create his own. It had many of the benefits of a custom action without the hefty price tag. Surgeon themselves even addressed their high price issue by developing the RSR.

So get off the high horse that you can't talk negatively about GAP. But if you're going to run your pie hole, have your facts straight. Surgeon is a great action, no one can deny that. But it is not THE absolute best. It is ONE OF a few good actions. It is by far not the only one out there.

I wasn't talking negatively about George at all. In fact, you can ask anyone, I'm a Huge George Gardner fan, and consider him a friend. My opinion was simply action vs. Action. Not who builds the rifles. I also spoke with no sarcasm. I apologize if anything I said was offensive. Because it wasn't meant to be.

Morris, I didn't perceive you to attack George in any way, shape or form and my information was not directed at you although I did happen to quote you. You're a good guy and there was nothing you said that I had a problem with.

There just seems to be this incessant underlying desire on this board to always have black or white issues. It's never six of one, half-dozen of the other, it's always "this is the best and this sucks" and it's getting old, quick. Again, this is not directed at you personally or anything you said.

I have both (surgeon and defiance) and I like them both. I dont have a Templar but have friends who do. They're quality from top to bottom. I think there is the perception that Surgeon is more exclusive because it's more expensive. It's also very difficult to get a Surgeon built rifle which also lends to mindset that they're better than GAP built rifles. I'd have no problem recommending each to a new shooter.

Mike,
I'm alot of things, but an idiot isn't one them. Yes, there was sarcasm in there, obviously, but I also attained the exact response that I knew (someone) would reply with, not necessarily you, but someone. Thus, pretty much proving the point that was being made with my sarcasm. Look at Morris, he didn't even do or say anything out of line against anyone and out of fear from your reply, he posted an apology. That's absolutely ridiculous. This is the Internet, nobody is going to come beat your door down and steal your children for a comment you make on this board.

Mike,
I'm fully aware that very very few things in life are either black or white. 99.9% of everything falls within the gray area, including life itself. In regards to our actions, it's no different than a Ford vs Chevy issue. There will most likely never a end to it. Both actions are great, obviously. Youd be a fool to think that either were any less than superb. Furthermore, if there is one better than the other, I doubt anyone on here or anywhere could shoot the differnce to discern it.

I've got no beef with George or GAP. I've never made one slanderous comment about him or the company. They make a fine rifle. I've owned a couple in the past. My comments have always been just as was stated above. Sarcasm in regards to how GAP reins supreme here, nothing more, nothing less. People like you, Frank, and others have a valid reason to take the stance you do. The rest are just going along with "monkey see monkey do". People that don't even own a GAP rifle and probably never will are some of the first ones to trump them up the most. So, to quote you, that shits getting old, quick. If those same people, that have no expericane with a given product, a scope for example, were to get on here and start pumping it up, they'd be thought of as total morons, but since it's a GAP rifle, it's ok.

Mike, I have no beef with you either, even though you called me an idiot. If I had done the same to you, I think the outcome would be slightly different, however that's neither here nor there. I don't know you, you probably a great guy. However that little "M" beside your name does not come with an implied level of respect that others must extend to you. Your a mod on a Internet forum, so what. Away from the keyboard, your just another guy on the steet. Nothing more, nothing less. Im sure you have the same level of respect for a total stranger as I do, which isn't much. Nothing wrong with that. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers personally, your just the one that decided to bite.

No hard feelings on my end.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trevor300wsm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mike,
I'm alot of things, but an idiot isn't one them. Yes, there was sarcasm in there, obviously, but I also attained the exact response that I knew (someone) would reply with, not necessarily you, but someone. Thus, pretty much proving the point that was being made with my sarcasm. Look at Morris, he didn't even do or say anything out of line against anyone and out of fear from your reply, he posted an apology. That's absolutely ridiculous. This is the Internet, nobody is going to come beat your door down and steal your children for a comment you make on this board.

<span style="color: #FF0000">First, I'll apologize for calling you an idiot. It wasn't meant as that and was meant in a sarcastic tone, but either was wasn't called for and I apologize. Morris didn't realize his sarcasm would incite a reaction, either intended or not. He had no reason to apologize as he did nothing wrong, as I said his quote just happened to get caught with yours. It is the internet and although you're right, no one is going to come to your door, it also doesn't prevent us from expressing our feelings or opinion. </span>

Mike,
I'm fully aware that very very few things in life are either black or white. 99.9% of everything falls within the gray area, including life itself. In regards to our actions, it's no different than a Ford vs Chevy issue. There will most likely never a end to it. Both actions are great, obviously. Youd be a fool to think that either were any less than superb. Furthermore, if there is one better than the other, I doubt anyone on here or anywhere could shoot the differnce to discern it.

A<span style="color: #FF0000">gree 100% which is what I feel every responder should have said. If one says "hey, I like XXXX because of this", that's great. I respect your opinion, but they are both excellent actions and you can't go wrong either way. Where the train quickly derails is the "xxxx is better (because I said so)" or the infamous "I've owned both and XXXX is way better". Stupid broad brush statements (and I'm the first to admit I've been very guilty of it) are stupid and do nothing more than alienate those qualified to speak the actual truth from experience. </span>

I've got no beef with George or GAP. I've never made one slanderous comment about him or the company. They make a fine rifle. I've owned a couple in the past. My comments have always been just as was stated above. Sarcasm in regards to how GAP reins supreme here, nothing more, nothing less. People like you, Frank, and others have a valid reason to take the stance you do. The rest are just going along with "monkey see monkey do". People that don't even own a GAP rifle and probably never will are some of the first ones to trump them up the most. So, to quote you, that shits getting old, quick. If those same people, that have no expericane with a given product, a scope for example, were to get on here and start pumping it up, they'd be thought of as total morons, but since it's a GAP rifle, it's ok.

<span style="color: #FF0000">The problem here is that, in jest or not, it's taken seriously. And when one is sarcastic people outside the "know" are inclined to take that seriously and it lessens the credibility of everyone involved from GAP themselves to even Frank, I or others promoting GAP. There are ample smiths here and ample product manufacturers who make kick ass products. But George et al has earned their reputation and their position and to have that challenged, even jokingly (lest among friends), is unfair. There is a bunch of history that goes along with that that you may not be aware of so that may be influencing my opinion as well. Next, and I think that George would be the first to admit it, is that GAP is not without mistakes. They're not perfect by any means. However, I do know they bust their ass to fix any mistake or misunderstanding and that effort, again, goes to strengthen their reputation here. GAP is not exclusive in this regard, but perhaps just the most tenured. </span>

Mike, I have no beef with you either, even though you called me an idiot. If I had done the same to you, I think the outcome would be slightly different, however that's neither here nor there. I don't know you, you probably a great guy. However that little "M" beside your name does not come with an implied level of respect that others must extend to you. Your a mod on a Internet forum, so what. Away from the keyboard, your just another guy on the steet. Nothing more, nothing less. Im sure you have the same level of respect for a total stranger as I do, which isn't much. Nothing wrong with that. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers personally, your just the one that decided to bite.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Again, let me make two things clear. First, my apology for calling you an idiot is sincere and the fact I meant it in a joking/sarcastic way doesn't excuse that.
Second, that little "M" by my name doesn't mean shit. All it says is I'll delete threads if you're trying to sell with less than 100 posts. You can ask Frank or anyone that has been here long enough that I have had PLENTY of discussions, heated discussions, and arguments and have not used that "M" erroneously. So to think I'm waving that around like a sword daring anyone to challenge my "authority" is incorrect as that is not my feelings. The Hide is not my life. In person I'm a great guy, or an asshole, depending on who you talk to. To quote a famous animated sailor "I am what I am". Most people that meet me face to face realize that a majority of the time I am a very nice guy and treat people well. But I don't walk on water and either do you-or anyone so sometimes feathers are ruffled, sometimes they get ruffled. Either way life goes on.</span>

No hard feelings on my end.

<span style="color: #FF0000">There are non on my end. Let's meet face to face and we'll shake hands and talk.</span></div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brandon7766</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cant decide...think im going to have GAP build me a gun but cant decide between the 2 actions. Opinions?

The GA guarsntee is better on Templar, but i suspect thats for marketing purposes? Out at the tactical match I spectated there were a good amount of both defiance and surgeon, and some Remington of course.</div></div>

So after reading all these threads, what's your vote? I personally have a Surgeon XL ... absolutely awesome, but I'm sure a Templar would be great too.

Templar = Defiance

Lets give credit where its due

DEFIANCE not GAP