• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Surplus Reloader 15

Re: Surplus Reloader 15

I have not tried any of the long range match (surpus RE15). But I have use the wc844 surplus and it works good for what it is. I dont use it for match loads but only target and plinking ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you can get it cheap enough I'd use it. Cheap enough for me would be 20-30% less than varget. </div></div>

80 for 5 lbs out the door.

Varget is $140 per 8 pounds, or $17.50 a pound. $80 for 5 pounds is $16 per pound. Only a $1.50/pound difference. If it was $80/8 pounds might be worth it.

Well, I did shoot several 1/4" three shot groups at 200 yards into a 10-20 mph gusting wind yesterday. The wind stayed pretty much at 12 oclock which seemed to have surprisingly small effect on the SMK 107s. I was shooting round robin with 6 targets not reading the wind at all. Just shooting. The wind was so crazy I just ignored it. I shot two round robins for a total of 12 targets.

Velocity at the honey spot of 30 grains was 2785. Velocity was pretty flat between 30 and 30.3 grains (almost the same with a 2-5 fps). That's a pretty good wide tune I suppose.

I started to see slightly flattened primers at 30.6 grains. (Primers are cci 450 magnum primers).

6 BR no turn neck, with standard free bore. I can shoot 70's through 107s, so I think the freebore is not real long.

All things being as I read, this is the same as Reloader 15 commercial. I will test to compare against R15 as soon as I can.

Surplus Reloader 15....$80
Varget ....$140
1/4" group at 200 yards? Priceless!

Stuff I found was 75$ for 5lbs before everything...not worth taking a chance when I know for sure that varget works. If I found 16.5$ per pound shipped I would probably bite...when my varget jug is empty that is
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stuff I found was 75$ for 5lbs before everything...not worth taking a chance when I know for sure that varget works. If I found 16.5$ per pound shipped I would probably bite...when my varget jug is empty that is
smile.gif
</div></div>

I can see that... I am not sure yet, but the IMR 8208 had significantly more velocity with less pressure. No matter what I am sure I can use this powder. It appears to be right at Varget speed. I've shot lots of Varget too.

That 5 lbs container really can fool you when it comes to the price... Actually what you are saying makes sense to me. I am an engineer and usually shop pretty smart but in retrospect, you have a point.