• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Surpressor recommendation

Thereaper1313

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2020
Looking for my first surpressor. Never used one, or known anyone who uses them so Im lost. I will be using it on a 308 win bolt, and also a 300blk sbr. I will be keeping the surpressor on the blackout for home defense when Im not at the range, so quick detach mount is a must. I may use it on a 556 ar, but not likely often, so Im not worried about performance there.
Important things Im looking at:
Durability
Warranty
Short length(dont care about weight)
Mounting system
Full auto rated.
This will definitely not be the only surpressor I get, but Id like to not waste money. So far these are the ones Im looking at:
Dead Air Sandman s
Surefire 300sps
Q Trash Panda
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(Note budget isnt really an issue if it lasts my lifetime).

second that. Ordered another ultra 7 tonight. Praying the 3 mo wait times is the new norm

Reactions: 338dude
Been a class 07 for about six years so Im waiting on my SOT right now. Wait times for transfers won't worry me. Im just looking for a bad ass can to screw around with and demo, as a lot of my buddies are interested in cans too.
How's the mounting system on the tbac sr?

I would definitely consider adding a ThunderBeast Ultra 7 to that list. I've had mine for about 5 years, it jumps from rifle to rifle with no shifts in zero. Mine is a brake attached which worked well, but if you weren't careful the brake could get stuck in the can. The fix is an Area 419 adapter, reverses the threads and they are cheaper than the brakes (around 40$ an adapter, I believe the brakes are 125$).

Mine jumps from a 6BR that I compete in PRS with, to a 223 trainer, 300blk, 223 AR's, 300WSM, 6.5PRC, 300WM, 308, 6.5cm with no issues at all.

Since money isn't a concern, pick up a ThunderBeast Takedown 22lr can while you're at it....you won't be disappointed!!

22 surpressor is definitely coming for the wife. I dont shoot 22s much, but I'd still like one just to blast some cheap lead downrange.

Q makes good cans. People on this forum hate them, and by them i mean Q's owner. For double duty on a bolt action and 300blk ar, it would be tough to beat a trash panda.

I just picked up a Rex Silentium MG7. Short, fat, not too heavy, cleanable, cool look, VERY reasonably priced. With the coupon Hansohn Brothers just put up on here, I got it for $405 shipped to my dealer. Hard to beat that for what it is

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
Check out the OSS HX-QD 762. It's QD, and since you said you don't care about weight, it's on the heavy side. I got it for my 300 BLK gas gun because of the reduced gas blow back. The calculus for me was that my health (breathing in less gas) is more important than needing a light gun.

The Ultra 7 is no doubt an excellent suppressor, but it is not full auto rated. If you’re set on full auto rated go with the Dominus or one of the Dead Air offerings. Both companies have great mounts. I’m a big fan of the Sandman series (shoot an S & L regularly) and I’m anxious to get my hands on a Nomad L, then the Dominus will be at the top of my list.

Picked up a half of tbac suppressor cert of snipershide, so Im either going to get a ultra7 and sandman, or Im going to wait for the dominus to come out. Kinda luke the idea of using the ultra7 dedicated to bolts, and sandman to abuse on semi autos.

Looking for my first surpressor. Never used one, or known anyone who uses them so Im lost. I will be using it on a 308 win bolt, and also a 300blk sbr. I will be keeping the surpressor on the blackout for home defense when Im not at the range, so quick detach mount is a must. I may use it on a 556 ar, but not likely often, so Im not worried about performance there.
Important things Im looking at:
Durability
Warranty
Short length(dont care about weight)
Mounting system
Full auto rated.
This will definitely not be the only surpressor I get, but Id like to not waste money. So far these are the ones Im looking at:
Dead Air Sandman s
Surefire 300sps
Q Trash Panda
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
(Note budget isnt really an issue if it lasts my lifetime).
Out of your choices, the Sandman-S is my choice. Solid mount, top notch materials and great design. However, looking at what your hosts, the Dead Air Nomad-Ti may be a better fit. If money is no object, TBAC Dominus SR is the way.

Is there a difference between the nomad and sandman other than direct thread vs qd? Obviously the Ti model is titanium, but I noticed the nomad offer a add on qd option

Is there a difference between the nomad and sandman other than direct thread vs qd? Obviously the Ti model is titanium, but I noticed the nomad offer a add on qd option

The sandman is a much more robust can. It's entire baffle stack is made of Stellite, while the Nomad is 17-4 stainless. But if youre not doing full auto mag dumps with a 5.56 sbr, the Nomad will be fine and last you a very long time.

Not positive, but I believe the Nomad is a quieter can.

How old are you?

"Top of the Line" is a long wait....... If a supplier can put his hand on it and give you a serial number then that will be your shortest wait time until you get it in your hand, maybe.

Factor in your patience / impatience.

Hobo

How old are you?

"Top of the Line" is a long wait....... If a supplier can put his hand on it and give you a serial number then that will be your shortest wait time until you get it in your hand, maybe.

Factor in your patience / impatience.

Hobo
Don't think not wanting to wait 3 months is a bad thing. Plenty of good surpressors in stock now from reputable companies. Just was trying to get clarification on the new Dominus line.

Anyone have any idea of the wait from tbac for an ultra 7? I know the dominus line is 11months out, not sure if thats all model surpressors. Figuired id ask here before I called them

I have a certificate that can only be redeemed by tbac, otherwise i would.
Talked to tbac this morning, doesn't matter what model purchased, they all are backordered till 4/21-8/21. Went ahead and purchased a Sandman s through hansohnbros. Might still go ahead and back order a ultra7, but not sure.

Again sucks, I can only redeem my 50% off cert through tbac otherwise id get one now through hansohn

Oh man, just waiting for the Banish fanboy yo pop up on this thread.

If TBAC meets the criteria (in this case it does), buy the TBAC. They are awesome cans and very good customer service.

Again sucks, I can only redeem my 50% off cert through tbac otherwise id get one now through hansohn
Not an issue, TBAC will take care of you. I used my cert for my 338 ultra. I’m very happy I waited and the can is nothing short or amazing.
05BBDE2A-CB43-4276-A37E-A7ED1488BC6A.jpeg

Check out the OSS HX-QD 762. It's QD, and since you said you don't care about weight, it's on the heavy side. I got it for my 300 BLK gas gun because of the reduced gas blow back. The calculus for me was that my health (breathing in less gas) is more important than needing a light gun.
We'll, they just dropped 5 ounces on the 762 can by making the sleeve titanium. I would definitely give it a look now.

I wanted to see what the point of impact shift was for my Surefire suppressor at 1760 yards (1 mile). I was shooting my Surgeon Remedy in .338 Lapua Mag, 300 grain Berger OTM Tactical bullets traveling at 2765 fps. The target is a 36" disk. It was a near perfect day with only a slight wind and I was shooting from prone using a bipod. The hits marked in red where the first three rounds (after I fouled the bore). The hits in blue were the second three rounds and with the Surefire suppressor. I was new to the software and screwed up the numbering, but the shots show no measurable POI shift. At least not one I can measure. As far as I am concerned, Surefire makes a great suppressor.
Surefire Test.PNG

I have a certificate that can only be redeemed by tbac, otherwise i would.
Talked to tbac this morning, doesn't matter what model purchased, they all are backordered till 4/21-8/21. Went ahead and purchased a Sandman s through hansohnbros. Might still go ahead and back order a ultra7, but not sure.

nice, make sure you get a few mounts asap so your not waiting for them when the can gets approved. may take a little time as they are low stock because of the manufacturing change they did.

im just about at 3 months in on my sandman wait and its kinda getting to me now.

Appreciate All the help. Ordered the dead air Sandman-s, and back ordered the Dominus -sr. So Im set on rifle suppressors now.
Im going to go ahead and get a hybrid pistol suppressor too. Looking at a Rugged obsidian45 and the dead air Ghost m. Dont think i can go wrong with either

Reactions: required_user_name
Appreciate All the help. Ordered the dead air Sandman-s, and back ordered the Dominus -sr. So Im set on rifle suppressors now.
Im going to go ahead and get a hybrid pistol suppressor too. Looking at a Rugged obsidian45 and the dead air Ghost m. Dont think i can go wrong with either

I use the Obsidian 45 on my 300blk SBR. It’s rated for subsonic only but that’s what I use it for. It’s been working great for me and you hardly notice the weight on the barrel. I have mine on a 8.5” barrel. Definitely hearing safe with subsonic ammo. It works great on pistols too. In the short configuration on a G19, it doesn’t weigh the gun down. In full length you can feel the weight bias but manageable and super quiet with 147gr.

I don’t like hybrid suppressors. They really don’t do any one thing really well.