• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns SVI Infinity or Wilson Combat

Having handled both....and now owning a SVI. There's no comparison in my opinion. The cuts and work on the SVI is amazing.....and it runs everything.

Is this for carry? I went with a custom STI/SVI officer sized build. It's a great little gun.

Having owned & shot both over several years my best handgun was the SV Infinity. It was my go to gun. I have recently had my "Bucket List" handgun built (1911 in 45 ACP) by JT Timmons owner of Timmon's Precision Weapons. (snommittj here on the Hide) After living with & shooting both Bucket List & the SV Infinity I sold the SV & never looked back. As an old guy that has owned lots of top quality handguns the 1911 from JT is by far the best shooting & the most reliable handgun I have ever owned. I have run 3 magazines of empty range brass through the pistol with no problems what so ever. I have fired enough different bullet configurations & styles & have not been able to make it malfunction in any way. It is my favorite & best pistol.
Plus his lead times are 6 months or less. Not a lot of fancy options just good honest very accurate fighting pistols.
Semper Fi

Reactions: PBWalsh
Thank you for this thread! I had never heard of svi and now I've gotta start saving.
Those pistols look like a work of art.

SVI for sure on this. ccgunworks is also a very good builder. I like SVI because they are well made guns and hold their value well. Never heard a complaint about SVI.

I own 3 SVs and 1 Wilson. All are great guns.

Some comparisons: The SVs are more customizable and have better triggers. The Wilsons have better quality control as 1 of my SVs came from the factory with issues that any idiot should have seen before the gun shipped. I prefer SV for customer service. SVs are more expensive...

My sample sizes are obviously small, so take it for what it is worth.

I got my SVI Ti Tiki a few months ago after a LONG wait.
It is truly an amazing gun! I carry it quite often and have just been amazed by it.
I have Sig Grade customs from Ted Yost, Brian Bilby, J Harrison, Marc from Gemini and I am sure a few others I can't even think of right now. I can't say any of them are truly better than the other. Some are nicer in certain areas but when you get to that level it's just another game. I also have a couple from Nighthawk and Wilson Combat which are just as marvelous as the full blown customs by they guys above. The advantage with SVI or any individual smith is you get to talk to the guy actually making it, you get to tell him what you like, what you want, bounce ideas off each other etc and you know that the $ is going in his pocket so he has more in it than a typical employee (not saying Nighthawk or Wilson guys are anything typical! They are amazing). You can't go wrong with any of the names in this thread, you have to find what you can afford and what you like most and who you feel most comfortable working with.
That being said I am debating a Bill Wilson Carry II (with the rail) in 9 mm to potentially use as my EDC. I love the size, I love that it has the rail (nothing comparable from Nighthawk does, sure they will likely build you one but it will cost a lot more than the Wilson since the Wilson is a regular run gun and adding a rail to the compact Nighthawks will be a full custom and a longer wait). I have never owned a 1911 in 9 mm but with age Im warming up to the idea of it for carry.

Long and short of it more or less ANY of those guns will outshoot us and are worthy of owning. Buy what you LOVE!

Here are some pics of the Tiki (SVI took them, I wish my pics were this good LOL). I hope it is ok I posted these here, if not please delete and just let me know.

ETA SORRY! Just did a search for Wilson here and replied, now I see I bought back an OLD post!

IMG_0558.JPGIMG_0556.JPGIMG_0557.JPGIMG_0555.JPG

I own a couple of each save the SVI.

All are great pistols. Baer's are known for outstanding accuracy, a hard fit barrel and not being finished/polished to the degree that a WC or a Nighthawk is. There's a reason for that. A Baer will run you about $1K less than a WC or an NHC.

The WC's and NHC's that I have...you can't tell em apart. Both are fit as slick as possible in a 1911. Both are accurate as all hell...as accurate as the 3 Baer's I have.

You can't go wrong with any of the 3. It's all about your budget. Since you don't have one...the best thing you can do is try to find one of each to fondle. Probably tough to do but that's the best advice I can offer.

Or you say screw it and buy one of each. If you're like most of us....that's where you'll end up anyway. LOL!!!

Hi,

And you are directly quoting somebody else's post from other forums and posting them here as if they are your comments for what reason??

Member TRSOtto

Sincerely,
Theis

Last edited:
SVI all the way, mine is stupid accurate, I’m thinking about ordering another.

Attachments

• 4074B8AB-E547-45F6-A5EB-00DC793D00E7.jpeg
    4074B8AB-E547-45F6-A5EB-00DC793D00E7.jpeg
    979.5 KB · Views: 554
Reactions: PBWalsh
Go look at Tommy Guns fb page or web site. Call Jeff and he will build you an amazing pistol, and use whatever parts you want. Specializes in 1911 using STI or SV parts. He is a true master machinist, and his work is off the hook.

I may be the odd man out. STI is the choice for a double stack 1911 but I would prefer Wilson Combat in the single stack category. If allowed a third option, I would recommend Luke Volkmann over all of them.

I've owned a number of Wilson's over the years and their ULCC 9mm is my primary carry weapon. I also have their EDC X9L, which replaced my SpecOps 9. Never had an issue. Reliability and accuracy are excellent. Builds aren't as fancy as some STI offers, but I like plain and functional.

I may be the odd man out. STI is the choice for a double stack 1911 but I would prefer Wilson Combat in the single stack category. If allowed a third option, I would recommend Luke Volkmann over all of them.

I've owned a number of Wilson's over the years and their ULCC 9mm is my primary carry weapon. I also have their EDC X9L, which replaced my SpecOps 9. Never had an issue. Reliability and accuracy are excellent. Builds aren't as fancy as some STI offers, but I like plain and functional.
i love SVI....but I have an STI tactical 5" 2011 on me right now....

bench

Is there a good way to see all the different features that SVI offers? A zillion options, and I have no idea what any of it looks like. I have a few 1911’s, but total newb to the custom world of 1911’s. Pretty neat guns pictured in their site.

I would say since about 2017 STI has been turning out some of the best quality 2011s you could get and at approachable prices too. If it were to be a carry or duty gun, I'd take the STI period. For competition, I'd also consider SVI but that's a slightly different ball game as those are more individually customized products.