• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Swampfox optics, any good?

Colonel Banastre Tarleton was sent to capture or kill Marion in November 1780; he despaired of finding the "old swamp fox", who eluded him by travelling along swamp paths. It was Tarleton who gave Marion his nom de guerre when, after unsuccessfully pursuing Marion's troops for over 26 miles through a swamp, he gave up and swore "[a]s for this damned old fox, the Devil himself could not catch him."[1] Once Marion had shown his ability at guerrilla warfare, making himself a serious nuisance to the British, Governor John Rutledge (in exile in North Carolina) commissioned him a brigadier general of state troops.[citation needed]

Dude, don't you get it?

I don't care.

so to resurrect this; how has this 1-10x held up
I have been really impressed with my 1-10x. I chose Swampfox because of the extra 2x I get, and it’s sitting on a 6.5 AR, so that extra magnification goes a long way. I did a box test, and a vertical test, and the scope tracked well. It has held zero. Exactly what I was looking for.

Attachments

• B619ECCF-E681-4B5F-B711-49D2F7F244F4.jpeg
    B619ECCF-E681-4B5F-B711-49D2F7F244F4.jpeg
    448.8 KB · Views: 87
  • 754E6E53-AB0D-41A1-B4A1-4E56F1C2EAFE.jpeg
    754E6E53-AB0D-41A1-B4A1-4E56F1C2EAFE.jpeg
    682.1 KB · Views: 152
Reactions: RUTGERS95
I picked up the 1-10x arrowhead a couple months ago and have been happy with it.

Looking for another scope to put on my 20” Grendel build and I’m leaning towards SF again with the 2-12x Kentucky Long FFP. They still don’t have the MIL reticle in stock so I may lose patience with waiting and grab the MOA reticle instead.

Here’s a silly but informative Torture test on the Arrowhead that was pretty impressive and significantly more damaging that the NightForce torture test.

and here i am Getting nervous about laying my Razor Giii on the bed resting on the turrets 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Really curious if that little bugger can stand up to all that what the high end LPVO's are able to withstand.
are they about equal because the Swampfox is a tank despite its origins/price?

or are the higher end optics even more durable than the Swampfox and no one knows it because no one in their right minds is about to
drag a 2000$+ scope behind a truck lol

@koshkin

maybe you can provide some insight?
perhaps a video idea talking about the failure points on an optic and what to be careful of and what people just need to chill TF out about
and the durability of modern optics in general.

and here i am Getting nervous about laying my Razor Giii on the bed resting on the turrets 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

Really curious if that little bugger can stand up to all that what the high end LPVO's are able to withstand.

or are the higher end optics even more durable than the Swampfox and no one knows it because no one in their right minds is about to

@koshkin

perhaps a video idea talking about the failure points on an optic and what to be careful of and what people just need to chill TF out about

In order to say anything substantial about durability or reliability of a scope, I would need to get my hands onto a statistically significant number of samples and tests them in a structured way. Barring obvious design issues that you can usually figure out without doing anything silly, there isn't really anything to learn by trying to destroy a single scope. It makes for a fun Youtube video and great marketing, but from the standpoint of technically accurate information it is about as useful as pushing a lawnmower off a cliff to see if it can fly.

As far as failure points of an optic go, that may be an interesting topic to explore, but there really isn't much there. I'll give it some thought.

ILya

Reactions: JDB55 and RTV

@koshkin

cost drives perceived value. There is cheap options that are great (holosun definitely punches above it's pricepoint) and expensive options that are well, expensive

good post

Hopefully their LPVO holds up better for y'all than their handgun optics. Definitely apples to oranges but if it's the same brand of fruit....

Hopefully their LPVO holds up better for y'all than their handgun optics. Definitely apples to oranges but if it's the same brand of fruit....

That guy could break an anvil with a rubber mallet. That particular optic is their older model. Their newer versions are supposed to be much better. I should have one here soon to test out.

That guy could break an anvil with a rubber mallet. That particular optic is their older model. Their newer versions are supposed to be much better. I should have one here soon to test out.
No doubt.

New one didn't test any better

For people who like to break stuff for the heck of it, Swampfox makes an additional cover called Ironsides for some of their newer red dots sights.

I have not seen it myself, but it, presumably, makes a difference for people who watch too many Youtube videso for shock value.

ILya

Reactions: JDB55
Did you ever get one in?

Yes I did get a justice. I haven’t put as many rounds on it as I would like, but I have some initial observations:
I really like the window. It’s big and very clear glass. I get very little distortion or tint. The buttons are kind of small, but still easy enough to press. At first the lack of “clicks” in the adjustment bothered me, but during actual zeroing- it proved not to be an issue. The dot is ok. I wish it was a bit bigger (5-6 moa) instead of 3 moa. But still better than the 2 moa on Holosuns. It appears to be 1 setting lower than a SRO or Holosun. But I never use that highest setting on the others anyway so it’s not a big deal. No idea on battery life yet. Shake awake works as it should.
As far a Cowan’s test- yes it did crack the lens, but still held zero. It’s not like anyone would just keep carrying that optic for days/weeks after it broke. I tend to agree with his final thoughts though. It’s great for a gamer/range/plinking optic. I would run one on a USPSA gun no problem. For what it costs- I would definitely recommend it for those uses. But I would not carry it on duty.

For people who like to break stuff for the heck of it, Swampfox makes an additional cover called Ironsides for some of their newer red dots sights.

I have not seen it myself, but it, presumably, makes a difference for people who watch too many Youtube videso for shock value.

ILya

I bought one of the ironsides shields when I got my justice. It would not work on my milled Glock slide (RMR cut). It made the optic sit up too high and the recoil bosses did not engage the optic enough for my liking. I do think it will be a big help if you were to run the justice on a long gun.

Keep in mind- Cowan also broke a Holosun 507 and there are thousands of those in duty use in PD/SO holsters right now.

I carry guns with a bunch of different Shield RMS sights that he also broke. Look, if I put my mind to it, I can break pretty much anything. It would make for a good Youtube video for the same reasons why people like to watch explosions. It does not necessarily translate into any actionable information.

ILya

More chinese junk from a company that's shady at best. Just read their "warranty". There was also a thread where a rep from the company was trying to claim they weren't made in china, and then redacted claiming that swampfox owns the manufacturing facility in china where their sights are made and that it's ran by american workers... what? All in a company that had less than $500K in revenue, yet owns a multi million dollar manufacturing facility.... right.

Reactions: Milf Dots
More chinese junk from a company that's shady at best. Just read their "warranty". There was also a thread where a rep from the company was trying to claim they weren't made in china, and then redacted claiming that swampfox owns the manufacturing facility in china where their sights are made and that it's ran by american workers... what? All in a company that had less than $500K in revenue, yet owns a multi million dollar manufacturing facility.... right.

SwampFox is a house brand for one of the larger Chinese OEMs. I am not aware of them ever claiming anything that they are not.
The OEM behind SwampFox makes a LOT of scopes for different companies. A lot more than they do for their own brand. They have been in business for a good while and only decided to start their own brand recently. They do have a facility in the US that they are building up to do QC among other things. The owner of the company is indeed American.

ILya

I picked up the 1-10x arrowhead a couple months ago and have been happy with it.

Looking for another scope to put on my 20” Grendel build and I’m leaning towards SF again with the 2-12x Kentucky Long FFP. They still don’t have the MIL reticle in stock so I may lose patience with waiting and grab the MOA reticle instead.

Here’s a silly but informative Torture test on the Arrowhead that was pretty impressive and significantly more damaging that the NightForce torture test.

I have to say, that is impressive. Reminds me of the old DD torture tests.

Necromancing this thread…

In case anyone is interested, I’ve been running a Swampfox Arrowhead 1-10 bdc (green reticle)on my SCAR 17 for about 1500 rounds or so. It’s sitting in LaRue rings in case that matters. The glass is crystal clear, reticle is easy to use and can be found on the Strelok Pro app I use. Scope holds zero, tracks perfectly for me and the knobs are nice, have decent clicks and lock in when not being used. (Both W and E.) BDC hold overs are damn close up to the 300 yards I’ve shot out to with it.

There’s also this article that got me interested enough to buy one. https://warisboring.com/scar-fox-a-look-into-the-battle-tested-swampfox-arrowhead-lpvo/

And this idiotic video:

I love mine, regardless of where it’s produced. If it shits the bed, I’ll replace it through their warranty. It cost me less than $400 through one of their promotions. I would buy another, but I’m hoping they come out with new products at SHOT, so I can test out something new.

The problem is that almost all companies are selling at insane prices these days. I just don’t find the value in spending what the bigger companies want. So a $400 Swampfox hit the right price point for me. Buy it or don’t, but the one I own is pretty damn good for my uses.

• Angry
We had our warhawk scope on our CZ455 for about 2 years now - I've shot with it, and so far it's my wife's favorite (she prefers it over Viper PST GEN2) simply due to the .2 mil reticle (she holds and doesn't dial). Glass is clear, it tracks great.

My only gripe and hers as well is how hard the magnification and parallax adjustments are to turn. It's just too "sticky".

The locking turrets are okay in regards to "click" feedback.

For the price we paid, and the use we get out of it on our 22lr while providing great features we can't complain.

In case anyone is interested, I’ve been running a Swampfox Arrowhead 1-10 bdc (green reticle)on my SCAR 17 for about 1500 rounds or so. It’s sitting in LaRue rings in case that matters. The glass is crystal clear, reticle is easy to use and can be found on the Strelok Pro app I use. Scope holds zero, tracks perfectly for me and the knobs are nice, have decent clicks and lock in when not being used. (Both W and E.) BDC hold overs are damn close up to the 300 yards I’ve shot out to with it.

There’s also this article that got me interested enough to buy one. https://warisboring.com/scar-fox-a-look-into-the-battle-tested-swampfox-arrowhead-lpvo/

And this idiotic video:

I love mine, regardless of where it’s produced. If it shits the bed, I’ll replace it through their warranty. It cost me less than $400 through one of their promotions. I would buy another, but I’m hoping they come out with new products at SHOT, so I can test out something new.

The problem is that almost all companies are selling at insane prices these days. I just don’t find the value in spending what the bigger companies want. So a $400 Swampfox hit the right price point for me. Buy it or don’t, but the one I own is pretty damn good for my uses.

In the case of SwompFox, Holoson, and Olite, it's not just about where it's made, but MORE about the fact they're CCP China Communist Party controlled companies. Holoson was even funded by one of the CCP's business development wings.

Cue the irrelevant deflections and whatabout-isms from the CCP fanboiz and Karens... You know, the deflections to non-gun/optics/knife related products.

Last edited:
so I don't have the arrowhead but recently bought the tomahawk in 1-8x that I had no interest in buying but paid $100 for it as the guy just didn't want a low end lpvo. I put this on a cheap 308 build and through 2 range trips (about 800 rounds) I have to say that I am beyond impressed. Tracks well, great eyebox, not too heavy, and the glass is pretty darn good. Some who know me here know I usually only buy Burris for my rigs but with this one and the Arken I bought for another 308 I'm pretty impressed with both for the money

Reactions: Gohring65

I’m glad you like yours. My example was the exact opposite of all those things. Glass was crap, turrets were off so the lines were a half click off, clicks were mush. I sent mine back for a refund before wasting any more ammo on it.

I have the 1-10 and the glass is pretty damn good for the price. I’m not a huge fan of the reticle (mil) and the locking turrets, while decent, are only 8mils per rev which I don’t prefer. With the LEO discount I think it’s a good value, and if their upcoming 1-10ffp has a good reticle and isn’t overpriced I’d definitely consider upgrading to it.

In the case of SwompFox, Holoson, and Olite, it's not just about where it's made, but MORE about the fact they're CCP China Communist Party controlled companies. Holoson was even funded by one of the CCP's business development wings.
I think that point has been sufficiently made, and doesn’t need further beating.

unfortunately there are many shooters who simply cannot justify the prices asked for similar quality and feature sets in a purely american made product, so it becomes “hold your nose and try to minimise expenditures into these sorts of companies” or “have nothing”

In my case, I don’t yet have sufficient disposable income that I can afford to go purely american made. I would if I could, but at present cannot so it becomes a question of where to get the most value for money so that the rest does go to american made products.

I think that point has been sufficiently made, and doesn’t need further beating.

unfortunately there are many shooters who simply cannot justify the prices asked for similar quality and feature sets in a purely american made product, so it becomes “hold your nose and try to minimise expenditures into these sorts of companies” or “have nothing”

In my case, I don’t yet have sufficient disposable income that I can afford to go purely american made. I would if I could, but at present cannot so it becomes a question of where to get the most value for money so that the rest does go to american made products.
I try and buy American as much as I can but you make a great point. I am a burris guy but my experience with the Arken and now the swampfox as well as various vids on components and use, validate what has been said for a while; manufacturing and components matter and that gap between good and bad has narrowed by a wide margin. The arrowhead uses ss parts inside instead of aluminum. The video where those two guys utterly beat the crap out of the arrowhead is eye opening. I know myself I tried to destroy a holsun and gave it far more abuse than what would occur on ops and it still worked. There is no voodoo magic to making reliable scopes in 2022 just like firearms. Parts matter but gap is narrowing between higher end and lower end. Let's not forget, 90% are simply range shooters despite the shtf and tactical class warrior fantasies.

To the bolded part of your post- exposing the CCP companies like Holoson, Swamfox, and Olite and their products can't be said often or loud enough.

The rest of your post misses the main point which is to "NOT buy from companies who are controlled by the CCP"- it's not mainly about rejecting products made in China.

At no point did I suggest the only way to avoid CCP products is to buy made in USA. If one can't afford "made in USA", one can buy foreign made products from U.S. companies- Japan, Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, etc., aren't China. Even Taiwan isn't China- not yet.

I hope that clears up the confusion.

To the bolded part of your post- exposing the CCP companies like Holoson, Swamfox, and Olite and their products can't be said often or loud enough.

The rest of your post misses the main point which is to "NOT buy from companies who are controlled by the CCP"- it's not mainly about rejecting products made in China.

At no point did I suggest the only way to avoid CCP products is to buy made in USA. If one can't afford "made in USA", one can buy foreign made products from U.S. companies- Japan, Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Malaysia, etc., aren't China. Even Taiwan isn't China- not yet.

I hope that clears up the confusion.
now ccp controls swampfox? you guys are funny, every company that manufactures products in china has bowed to china yet you all of your houses probably have 50% $hit made in china. enough with the holier than though bs. Tell America to get rid of the epa and other regs that require such bs to build items here, tell the unions and workers that unskilled labor isn't worth much and be happy with a job instead of inflating prices. I could go on but you guys live in a fantasy world with buy only American. Again, as stated earlier, I try and buy American as much as possible or reasonable but some of you are in fking fantasy land to the reality of today.

organize a buy America, fk China and overseas products drive. I'm in

I try and buy American as much as I can but you make a great point. I am a burris guy but my experience with the Arken and now the swampfox as well as various vids on components and use, validate what has been said for a while; manufacturing and components matter and that gap between good and bad has narrowed by a wide margin. The arrowhead uses ss parts inside instead of aluminum. The video where those two guys utterly beat the crap out of the arrowhead is eye opening. I know myself I tried to destroy a holsun and gave it far more abuse than what would occur on ops and it still worked. There is no voodoo magic to making reliable scopes in 2022 just like firearms. Parts matter but gap is narrowing between higher end and lower end. Let's not forget, 90% are simply range shooters despite the shtf and tactical class warrior fantasies.
Your post indicates you don't get it- if you did get it you would never mention irrelevant topics like performance, quality, value, when it comes to China Communist Party controlled companies like holoson, swampfox, and Olite.

If you don't want to spend money on gun related products that are made in the USA, then buy "foreign but not made in China products from U.S. or western companies".

One of the greatest disservices done to the American gun world is the attempt to legitimize gun related products from CCP companies- why can't we protect a single industry from the CCP's predatory trade practices, slave wages, stolen Intellectual property, manipulated Yen? Lack of will power and self control are the reasons why.

This isn't a difficult concept- the CCP is beating us in an economic and culture war by exploiting our own freedoms against us; they'll never have to attack us. Act accordingly.

now ccp controls swampfox? you guys are funny, every company that manufactures products in china has bowed to china yet you all of your houses probably have 50% $hit made in china. enough with the holier than though bs. Tell America to get rid of the epa and other regs that require such bs to build items here, tell the unions and workers that unskilled labor isn't worth much and be happy with a job instead of inflating prices. I could go on but you guys live in a fantasy world with buy only American. Again, as stated earlier, I try and buy American as much as possible or reasonable but some of you are in fking fantasy land to the reality of today.

organize a buy America, fk China and overseas products drive. I'm in
It's open information that Swampfox is just a western label of a wholly owned chinese oem.

You quoted my post in which I clearly refute the strawman argument and deflections you eventually replied with. There's really not much more to cover.

Your post indicates you don't get it- if you did get it you would never mention irrelevant topics like performance, quality, value, when it comes to China Communist Party controlled companies like holoson, swampfox, and Olite.

If you don't want to spend money on gun related products that are made in the USA, then buy "foreign but not made in China products from U.S. or western companies".

One of the greatest disservices done to the American gun world is the attempt to legitimize gun related products from CCP companies- why can't we protect a single industry from the CCP's predatory trade practices, slave wages, stolen Intellectual property, manipulated Yen? Lack of will power and self control are the reasons why.

This isn't a difficult concept- the CCP is beating us in an economic and culture war by exploiting our own freedoms against us; they'll never have to attack us. Act accordingly.
lol, I get it it's just that you are full on retarded with this and devoid of the realities of today's world. There is no need to legitimize these products, they work and consumers see that AND they work at a lower cost.

I'm fully abreast of the economics of world trade, probably forgot more than you ever read. My suggestion to you is to stop looking for a conspiracy behind every rock. You can't protect every industry due to economies of scale and global trade. Newsflash, it's going to get a lot worse with $15/hr min wage and new regulatory requirements from the epa.

still waiting for how the ccp controls swampfox

It's open information that Swampfox is just a western label of a wholly owned chinese oem.

You quoted my post in which I clearly refute the strawman argument and deflections you eventually replied with. There's really not much more to cover.
lay it out, I'm here

you didn't refute anything, you rambled with nothing more than conjecture. Think man, use your brain, God gave you one now lay it out how swampfox is owned and controlled by the ccp