• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Swapping suppressors

velvetant

The winds fault
Minuteman
May 5, 2011
Northern Nevada
I have a multiple suppressors, a few are same make, model and caliber, use the same QD mount.
I haven't tried this yet but if I sight in with one then switch to another of the same make would I see a poi change on a precision rifles? Do I need to remember what specific suppressor I used on that rifle during sight in?
Just curious....

Probably depends on the suppressor. I would expect two identical TBAC’s to shoot to the same place. A can built to a lower standard of consistency of manufacture and straightness probably would not.

Easy enough for you to test if you’ve got a standardized mount.

Reactions: velvetant
I'll get out and try it when I have time.
Taking care of a terminally ill family member and dont get out much.
Plus side is I'm home a lot and have some pretty nice toys I've built up and waiting to play with.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
Depends.

I just got my new second omega. The one difference is the asr break cap on my old dirty can vs a flat titanium cap on the new clean can.
1582323268512.png

Using my 6xc and my 6 dasher I couldnt tell a difference between the two at 100 nor at 500 in my little test while swapping them back to back and trying to map any differences.

Using my 223 I was perfectly centered up and punched out the orange dot with the tan asr cap can (which is why the dot is not there anymore), I was slightly low to the right with the new flat cap can (which is why the sticker is still there and not shot off, it shifted that small amount)
1582323424196.png

So 2 out of 3 rifles were good enough, 1 was slightly different. Ill stick to what individual can I developed a load with just so I dont have any doubts in my mind.

I’m hoping for the best on the two ultra 9’s I have ordered. I’m thinking they will be atleast close enough for most normal hunting distances that it won’t matter much. I thought TBAC did a test of poi change between the ultra 5,7,9 and 338 on the same gun and the difference wasn’t much so I figured two identical cans would be pretty close.

Just mark which you used during load development and stick with it. I can’t see a reason not to

Reactions: kthomas
Just mark which you used during load development and stick with it. I can’t see a reason not to

Agreed. Don't really see a reason to play musical chairs between rifles and suppressors if you have the means not too.

For me I just have a few different rifles shared between me and my wife and there is a few different combinations that wouldn’t allow me to use only one can on the same rifle all the time. If it doesn’t work and they aren’t close enough then I will have to figure something else out. I’m not looking for it to be good out to 1k but for us most hunting shots are 400 or less.

Cans that have an asymmetrical baffle stack and no means of consistently indexing them between setups will have shift.