• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swaro or Leica Decision

69icarus

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2010
Bismarck, ND
Ok I know this may have been beaten to death but I'm truly paralyzed in the decision making process on this one! My passion is coyote hunting so this is what I'm going to use it for....

So here is the question..

Leica HD Geovids(10X42) - Because they makes sense by being one unit! But I hear clarity is not what swaro's are and I've heard that they can be a bit shaky and it won't range until your perfectly still.

or

Swaro EL HD's (10X42)and then a Leica 1600 for range finding.

Now the next thing i need to throw out there is I'm not worried about the extra expense or the little extra weight as long as the clarity is awesome and I can range quickly!

Please respond if you own or have used these products extensively. Thanks I look forward to your input....

Re: Swaro or Leica Decision

I had those geovids before I had to sell. Not really that heavy with a bino harness. Very good rangefinder. Leica would be my vote. I gotta say the Bushnell is a reasonable alternative though!

Re: Swaro or Leica Decision

Don't know about the new Swarovski Bino-range finders, but I have Zeiss 8x45 RF Binos. They are much quicker and farther (have ranged a big rig in excess of 1800 yards) ranging than the Leica's. My friend has Leicas (non-HD) and we compared them side by side. The optical quality was very close. Only down side to the Zeiss was they are larger/bulkier (45mm objective lenses) than the Leica. Always liked 8 power vs 10 power but Zeiss as Leica can be had in either power. It's an expensive option but a Swarovski, Zeiss or Leica is apt to last you the rest of your life and they will hold their value. Good luck on you search and new purchase.