• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swarovski EL Dethroned with new NL?

Pappakap

Smooth Operator
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2017
Fort Thomas, KY
Not sure if this product line is meant to run parallel to the EL series or replace them. Either way they look pretty nice.

Reactions: RMS6
I believe they’ll be like the DS. Way too much money for good sales. 3100$ for 10x42. Getting to be a bit crazy on their pricing. Could be wrong, but I doubt it. And why not a 12x50? A 12x42 is going to lose light. Hopefully they At least come with a stud location. Biggest downfall of the ELs.

Going to be difficult to pry my 10x40 EL R’s away from me. I’m seeing only cosmetics.

Going to be difficult to pry my 10x40 EL R’s away from me. I’m seeing only cosmetics.

I’m seeing ergonomics and cosmetics too. I think in terms of under the hood their advertising is claiming larger FOV and edge to edge clarity. I’m feeling like unless you just have to have the latest it wouldn’t warrant giving up a pair of El’s to get. That being said if you are looking at getting your first pair and don’t need the RF I think they’d be hard to beat.

Reactions: RTH1800
And 6 ounces lighter weight in the 12x than the 12x50 ELs. That's not insignificant.

Does anyone know if they will accept an Outdoorsmans stud (adaptor for their tripods)?

Sounds like outdoorsmans is working on a stud that will be similar to their SLC stud that doesn’t have to be pressed in.

Man. Idk how the edge to edge clarity gets better than the HD ELs. My 10x42s are the shit. I can’t see justifying this much for a marginal upgrade. Weight isn’t a huge factor for me. See how this plays out for them. The DS and their tactical scope didn’t do so hot. Just buy a kahles or a Z8i lol.

Sounds like outdoorsmans is working on a stud that will be similar to their SLC stud that doesn’t have to be pressed in.
Outdoorsman doesn’t even press the stud in. They send it to Rim Country manufacturing In payson Arizona. Rim country is half the price. Outdoorsman just makes money for being the middle man.

^ wish I would have known that about two months ago...

EL’s just dropped in price. I just picked up the 10x42 today for $2169 plus another 10% off coupon I had. Great deal under $2k

EL’s just dropped in price. I just picked up the 10x42 today for $2169 plus another 10% off coupon I had. Great deal under $2k
VDV, where did you get that deal? Have a couple of SLC's but always wanted the 10x42 EL's.

I was able to get a side by side comparison at my local Sportsman's last week between 10x42 SLC's and 10x42 EL's. It was indoors but plenty of mounted animals to examine at varying ranges. I had read about people noticing slightly more CA from the SLC binos but this was nearly imperceptible to my eyes. Both had phenomenal clarity and edge to edge focus. The ergos and balance of both were quite good and they both are solidly constructed. The most notable difference between them (to my eyes) was the effect created by the field flattening lens on the EL binos. When stationary they were comfortable and I wouldn't expect any issues. However, when panning with EL's it created a disconcerting visual sensation of the image almost rolling into the narrower depth of field if that makes any sense. I felt that If I spent significant time glassing through them I would get a headache and or motion sick and I am not prone to motion sickness. I personally preferred the SLC for my intended purpose of hunting/birding/observation which I will often glass for hours and in low/transitional lighting. To take advantage of increased exit pupil and low light performance I ended up ordering a pair of the 10x56 SLC from gr8fuldoug. Should be here in the next couple weeks.

I haven't looked through the NL's yet but they would have to be much better than the EL and SLC lines to justify the premium in my mind.