• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Swarovski Optical Z6 2-12 x 50-30mm Scope question

jason_mazzy

Private
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2009
the south
I am short on cash and have an opportunity to purchase this with my military star card. and since i generally never have 2grand laying around to go out and try out a scope, I wanted to ask the proffesionals around here about:

Swarovski Optical Z6 2-12 x 50-30mm Scope Rifle, Plex Reticle

I haven't been able to gather much information online about them. Are they considered great scopes? Highend?
How do they stand up on an AR10?

Thank you guys for your information

Re: Swarovski Optical Z6 2-12 x 50-30mm Scope question

I have 2 of the 2-12, and one 2.5-15. They are great scopes. You won't find better glass and they take a beating. How well they will be for tactical pupose I'm not sure. They don't have exposed turrets nor are they considered tactical scopes.

Extremely high end optics/glass. Don't know how tactical they are but you could probably get them to work for your needs. I used to use regular duplex recticles to do everything for me until I was "shown" that there are better/easier ways do do things. If you can dope range and don't shoot terribly long shots you can easily get them to work for you.

well the leopuld mark4 mil sim is cheaper and the standard for the military. If you were going to use either scope for both hunting, and 2nd possible end of world survival situation, which would you choose?

If hunting is the main purpose go with the Swarovski.

you can mil range with their BR-I reticle, get that one!