• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swarovski Spotter Optical Quality Differences between STS, STR and STX/ATX?

USACS

Sergeant
Minuteman
I currently have a Swaro STS HD 20-60x65 and while it’s a great spotter, I feel like I’m leaving something on the table with the 65mm objective lens. I was debating stepping up to the 80mm housing. This is all for a mix of both long range shooting and outdoor wildlife watching. But it got me thinking - are there any differences between the STS, the STR, and the STX/ATX in terms of optical quality? Are they major steps up? The STR offers me the ability to turn on a reticle, though it’s not a deal breaker. The STX/ATX/BTX gives the option of modularity, and I’m not gonna lie- the new 115mm lens looks like it’s be pretty amazing.

Thoughts? Experiences?

The STX/ATX gives you the option of 65, 85, 95 and 115mm objective tubes and the eyepiece is far superior to the 20-60x/25-50x offered with the scope tube you are using.
Please feel free to give us a call tomorrow, 516-217-1000, to discuss this and have a great rest of the weekend