• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Swavorski Z6 Scope

Duramax

Private
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2009
Lewiston, ID
So what are the opinions on these scopes?
confused.gif

Re: Swavorski Z6 Scope

They are a very fine scope with outstanding glass. You will see little lover for them overall here, because of their intended purpose. The Swaro isn't very tacticool and not ideal for precision rifles. They make VERY VERY excellent hunting optics, though.

+1 on tylerw02 opinion.

Great hunting scope, I actually think they have better lowlight capability than my Schmidt and Benders do, not much, but I do notice it. For a hunting scope with the BR or similar reticle-hard to beat.

I have the 1.7-10x on my 300 wsm hunting rifle. Outstanding in every way. The FOV ot offers on 1.7x is awesome. Absolutely no tunneling like a lot of 5 and 6x erector scopes.

I have no regrets for buying mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheOneTwo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have the 1.7-10x on my 300 wsm hunting rifle. Outstanding in every way. The FOV ot offers on 1.7x is awesome. Absolutely no tunneling like a lot of 5 and 6x erector scopes.

I have no regrets for buying mine. </div></div>

i had the same scope. its kind of odd having so much fov that you see the barrel in the bottom of the view

Seeing the barrel is common with pretty much any mag just under 3 to 2.5xish. It does not bother me at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheOneTwo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seeing the barrel is common with pretty much any mag just under 3 to 2.5xish. It does not bother me at all. </div></div>

it doesn't bother me either, this was my first low zoom optic and i was just suprised

I have a Z6i 1x6-24 on my SBR REPR. Haven't shot it over 200 yards, but I own everything from 0-200, a true 1x.
I also have a S&B 1.5x6-46 that I hunted with back in PA. After 19 years I got some specs inside ..S&B sent it to Germany and repaired at no charge.

Just now, looking out the back 40 with both scopes, I must say the the glass is equal.

Semper Fi

The glass is really amazing and their warranty, if not the best in the industry, is among the top 2 or 3. Take the time to look through one with a few other scopes on hand to compare the glass. I have an older Swaro professional hunter (the Z6 glass is better) that is very clear... not quite as good as my S&B scopes, but my scope is probably 10 years old. Either way, once you are at this level the difference between a Zeiss, S&B, or Swaro will be so small that other features may determine your choice.

Thanks for all of the input. I am looking at this for a hunting scope, so it sounds like it would be the ticket. Now I just need to find one to look at if possible.

For a hunting scope it will serve you well. We have one at our store and the glass is not beaten by anyone elses.

Heard some rumors that a new version of the Z6, or a replacement for it, will be presented at Shot Show... Might be worth waiting another month, since that might help push down prices on both new and used ones of the current version.

I have a few of the 2-12x50 and really like them. I dont think you can get a better hunting scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heard some rumors that a new version of the Z6, or a replacement for it, will be presented at Shot Show... Might be worth waiting another month, since that might help push down prices on both new and used ones of the current version.</div></div>

Anyone else hear anything about a newer Z6i coming out soon? Just thinking about picking one up and would like to know if I should wait.

just got a 2-12x50 from stalker outdoors...waiting for gradous to build my 308....cant wait to use it

I also have been looking at this scope in the 3-18 though. As a rookie in the tactical world what makes this scope not suitable for tac. but possibly the best for hunting? Is it the lack of adjustability? Thanks

I have a X6 2.5-15 X 44 P on a 300 win mag. Glass is great as good as my older BR nightforces. We were shooting a life size coyote target at 650 a couple weekends ago could have used a little more zoom but picture was perfect, I would not hesitate to buy another for hunting purposes. May even sell this one as swapped up to a bigger NF BR model

I have a X6 2.5-15 X 44 P on a 300 win mag. Glass is great as good as my older BR nightforces. We were shooting a life size coyote target at 650 a couple weekends ago could have used a little more zoom but picture was perfect, I would not hesitate to buy another for hunting purposes. May even sell this one as swapped up to a bigger NF BR model
Dang, you pulled an 8 year old thread right from the grave!

I’ve got several pieces of Swarovski optics and I really don’t think there is anything better for hunting (scopes, spotters, binos, or riflescopes).

Most of my friends are slowly switching over after hunting or target shooting through mine.

I do have a z5 in for repair work now which they are doing under warranty (free of charge), but I honestly wish I didn’t know how their warranty worked...

The best hunting scope in existence besides the Z8i in my personal opinion. Glass quality and light transmission is second to none.