• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swedish Mauser improvement -Soderin aperture rear sight

polish handgunner

Sergeant
Minuteman
To improve the shootability of my model 38 Swede I had the receiver drilled and tapped to accept the Soderin aperture rear sight.

In addition to the longer sight radius the Soderin has a Windage adjustment knob!

I purchased the sight for $138 shipped from Sarco.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 139
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    861.7 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
As quoted from Swede, one of the moderators of the Swedish rifle forum over on Gunboards.

The velocity of a given load of ammo will give you a specific trajectory . All the Soderin dials are marked 100 meters to 600 meters , but each is calibrated for a differant load . Meaning that the markings are spaced differantly on each dial according to the amount of bullet drop at each distance ( 100 through 600 ) . There are 4 colored dials : white , yellow , red & green .
white = 6.5x55 143 grain " Silver Match " , 800 m/s

yellow = 6.5x55 139 grain M-41 military ammo , 790 m/s

red = 6.5x55 139 grain " Falt torped " , 830 m/s

green = 6.5x55 139 grain spitzer boatail , 850 m/s

I forgot to mention that those were the velocities out of an m/96 length barrel.

There were many FSR approved aperture rear sights for the Swedish mauser:

The BUSK; MG Anderesson ; Elit ; Faldt ; GF Diopter ; Hauges; Hellqvist ; Halsikte Hooka; Pramm; Soderin and last but not least the Lyman 48. There were many CG 63, CG 80 and FSR M96 rifles sold with aperture sights in the recent past.

Have not seen many on the loose in some time, good catch by the OP. After Dana Jones wrote the superb volume "Crown Jewels" he sold off many FSR rifles and loose aperture sights shown in the book.