• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swedish Review of Ritter & Stark SLX .308 Rifle

MarcusOlsson

Private
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2017
SWEDEN
A buddy and i got our hands on the SLX rifle from Ritter and Stark, even though we weren't overly impressed with it we still decided to go thru with the whole thing and make a video about it since it's a rifle that's being talked about here and there.

Enjoy, and sorry for the semi rusty english, it's been a while since i lived and spend time in an english speaking country so the vocabulary isn't quite there :)

Interesting, I liked the rifle initially but I am surprised that a company like Ritter and Stark does not make a better stock. Thank you for posting that.
Justin

Interesting, I liked the rifle initially but I am surprised that a company like Ritter and Stark does not make a better stock. Thank you for posting that.
Justin

No worries, we had high hopes for this one after seeing youtube videos of people talking about it like it was going to be the next big thing..
And just a little note, we saw a proof of accuracy with a 3 shot group and a mysterious 4th shot crossed out as a flyer on another SLX rifle more like 1moa 4 shot than 0.35 moa 3 shot

I have one here for review and will be traveling to NM for a shoot with them in a week.

23722521_1617429441613906_1945264096492105535_n.jpg?oh=7f7f3005abe1d1b45492a1b9a247c769&oe=5AD...jpg

That was great. Good to see others that don't mind 3.5 degrees C and rain while trying to decipher a white target through the cloud cover. You'd fit in great in the Pacific Northwest.

Out of curiosity -

On day 3 back at the range, it looked like the bolt lift got lighter - did it?

How much does that rifle cost? And, relative to a Tikka how would you rank it in terms of value?

It says 'Multi Caliber' what is the situation barrels?

That stock doesn't look very well thought out nor executed.

Thanks again.

That was great. Good to see others that don't mind 3.5 degrees C and rain while trying to decipher a white target through the cloud cover. You'd fit in great in the Pacific Northwest.

Out of curiosity -

On day 3 back at the range, it looked like the bolt lift got lighter - did it?

How much does that rifle cost? And, relative to a Tikka how would you rank it in terms of value?

It says 'Multi Caliber' what is the situation barrels?

That stock doesn't look very well thought out nor executed.

Thanks again.

Thanks man, wouldn't mind going there for some hunting and/or shooting :D

On day 3 we just put and extremely hard pressure down on the rifle against the rear bag, this caused the entire system to vibrate during bolt manipulation and the scope and system would vibrate so much that the reticle and target became blurry. You can see when i'm sitting at the table at the end that the bolt was still just as terrible as day one.

I think that at least over here you can get it in 308. 260, 6.5x47 and 6.5 Creed, however i don't know if they've delivered any barrels yet in the 6.5 section.

The rifle costs about what would translate to 5000 USD for the 308 and another 500 for the 6.5 version, i don't know msrp for the US market though.
As i said in the video, i rather buy a RPR or a Tikka Tac a1 since both of those rifles have a feel to them of higher quality, i'd then just buy ammo and barrels for the difference in price.

Tank you
Cheers

Certainly not cheap and for those prices a company needs to hit the ground running if they're going to gain market traction. I'll be interested to see what other reviewers turn up with their findings also.

These are listed on GB for $6500. Even if the bolt breaks in super smooth, from what I've seen so far, you'd be way better off buying the RPR or the Tikka Tac A1. Which run around $1200~ and $1600~ respectively here in the U.S.

These are listed on GB for $6500. Even if the bolt breaks in super smooth, from what I've seen so far, you'd be way better off buying the RPR or the Tikka Tac A1. Which run around $1200~ and $1600~ respectively here in the U.S.
You're looking at the big brother sx-1, not the slx which is a bit cheaper. However more than double if not triple the price of a RPR :)

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

I have seen a few at a PRS match. I think the R&S sales guy was shooting one. Kind of neat rifle but very heavy, stiff bolt lift (45 degrees), and a very European design. It doesn't beat an AI at the price.