• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA 10x vs. 12x

Potsy

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2019
Thinking about putting together a Tikka T1x .22 over the holidays.
I noticed SWFA already had some Black Friday teasers out there.
I was trying to make up my mind on a 10x SS vs. a 12x SS. I've read that their 16x and 20x give up quite a bit in terms of FOV, light and image quality, and are more difficult to "get behind". Does the 12x suffer much of this vs. the 10x (I own a 6x and have shot a 10x, but I've no experience with any of the others)? I could go either way, really. Just curious as to the opinions of those who have shot them side-by-side.
Also, does anyone have clue what their current lead times are on their scopes? I'm wanting one, but if they're 6 months out, I'll start considering alternatives.
Thanks!!!

I have had a 10,12 and 16x.

It would depend on Intended use, the 16x from a bench at 100-300 yds worked well. At 1000-1200 yds the field of view
Wasn't the best. I prefer the 12x over the 10 for 100 yd load developement. Clarity darkens as magnification gets higher in my opinion.

Counterpoint: I prefer the 10X to the 12X, for exactly the reason stated, the image gets darker as magnification goes up. Additionally, mirage goes up as magnification goes up, 12X isn't appreciably different, but 16X is, and fixed 20X is a solid no-go for me.

For the money, it is hard to beat the fixed SS scopes.

Reactions: ZG47A
Both a 10moa and 12mil. If you have great eyes probably won't notice a lot, but reticle width seemed a bit small for me on 12, but not sure if it was. Tracking flawless on both as well as beating them hard never lost zero. For what I was doing with them way more than I needed...will own more again in the future.