• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes SWFA 10x42 or Bushnell 3200 10x40?

Dan71

Private
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2009
Virginia
On a budget so what will the best bang for the buck between these two scopes. I will be mounting one of them on a Savage 10FP with a max range of 200 yards (that's the max of the range I belong to) but I do get to use other ranges that reach out to 500 yards.

Thanks for you posts.

Re: SWFA 10x42 or Bushnell 3200 10x40?

I own both currently. I think for the price that the bushnell is a fine scope. I use it on my AR-15 and regularly enguage steel at 850 yards. The reticle is pretty clear and crisp. However I do like the paralex adjustment on the SS, which I have on my .308

If I only had one of the two I would choose the SS

The SS will probably be the better scope, based on other's opinions. I have the bushnell 3200 on my tikka and i'm reaching to 750. I would be shooting 1000 but the ammo I was using was a little slow and a little light for the range, out of a 20" barrel anyway.

I got mine from Midway for less than $180 shipped. You just can't beat that deal. I was surprised how much I liked the optic and will probably keep it for a while. It doesn't strain my eyes, even after 6 hours of shooting. And I can clearly see the target, what else do you need?

I am using the money I saved to buy a spotting scope, probably next month.

Something to consider is the Bushnell is available in mil/mil as opposed to the SS which is mil/moa. If matching reticle and turrets is something interests you, that is.

The SS with rear focus would probably be a little better scope, but the mixed reticle/turrets could be a turn off. I got by with it for a few months with no problems, if you go wit the SS get the rear focus model, it's 100 bucks cheaper and works just as well.

I will b different.....I had both and preferred the bushnell. To my messed up eyes the glass was a little clearer

The SS will have a wider field of view. The 30mm tube vs the 1" tube doesn't seem like alot but when you get behind it there is a HUGE difference. Get the SS if you can afford it if not then the Bushy will serve you well. I would shoot either one but as stated if funds allow SS all the way.

Good luck,
Merritt

I was all set to buy the SS, when the Bushnell's went on sale. I bought the mil/mil version and I wish I had bought 4 or 5 more, at that price. I can't speak of quality or durability for the SS, but the Bushnell has been great.

They both have their definate pro's and con's. For me, the 30mm tube, parallax adjustment, cleaner looking turrets, and slightly larger objective made me buy the SS. Get whichever is cheaper if you're budget minded though, either will get the job done and very well. Oh and I love that the SS comes in a 16x and 20x as well, not that it really matters because you can only have one but the fact that there are other magnifications available draws me in for some reason. And the fact that I don't care if its reticle matches the click values makes the mil/mil not neccessairy for me either. YMMV

Best of luck,
-Dylan

I actually bought both of these scopes at the same time to compare them with the intention of keeping the one I liked better and selling the other. I liked the SS10X better. It's just plain a better scope as a package.

Thanks for you posts guys, one of the members has me looking at the "Weaver Tactical Grand Slam Rifle Scope 3-10x 40mm 1/10 Mil"

I didnt realize the options on a budget!

I have the SS on my 308 and the Bushnell on my 22. Both are great scopes and with the pricing of the Bushnell right now that's hard to beat but I prefer the SS.

I have the SS, and only looked at the bushnell in a store. I can't speak for the glass because they were not side by side, but I will say I liked the turrets on the Bushnell better. The clicks were a lot more tactile than the super snipers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan71</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for you posts guys, one of the members has me looking at the "Weaver Tactical Grand Slam Rifle Scope 3-10x 40mm 1/10 Mil"

I didnt realize the options on a budget!</div></div>
Isn't that scope usually about $200 more than either of the options you listed?