• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA 5-20 HD - Do the really stiff zoom/focus rings ever loosen up?

Onewolf42

Peon
Minuteman
I've shot about 1000 rounds over 2 years with my SWFA 5-20HD and the zoom and focus rings are still astonishingly stiff. Is there hope that they will loosen up over time or is there something I can do to assist the loosening process? Send it in for service?

Thanks.

Aadland gripper for about $30 is supposed to fix it. I need to try it out myself as that knob is quite hard to turn with any speed.

I have the Aadland gripper for the focus ring which helps, but it's still too stiff. I have the MK throw lever for the zoom ring, and it's still WAY too stiff. I have to get a firm grip on the rifle if I'm going to change the zoom or it will fall over from the tripod legs.

Hmm, my zoom ring is silky smooth. The parallax is tight to turn though.

SWFA throw lever came with mine that I bought used off here.

It's been several years but I used a pair of vice grips then commenced to move it back and forth until it loosened up. I put something around it so as not to scar it. This was way before throw handles. I'm talking about the paralex knob.

The Aadland gripper is a must. It's still stiff but a lot more manageable.