• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Swfa 5x20x50 ever on sale?

Mxridr

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 4, 2017
    Looking for swfa 5x20x50 hd. Do these ever go on sale besides Black Friday. Thanks

They'll likely be on sale for memorial day as well. But black friday is by far the lowest price for a new one.

Excellent choice btw

Great scopes but had to sell before. Want to replace. Thanks

These are very good scopes. But for me personally, there are better scopes out there for the same money. Used ones can be a great deal. But SWFA hasn’t changed these scopes in over 5 yrs. The market has totally changed since then.
    If I had to choose, I’d prefer a Toric, or Ares ETR over the SWFA

Reactions: stilesg57
    I thought they were typically on sale like twice a year, tax day and Black Friday. Keep your fingers crossed for Memorial Day I guess.

Tract Toric PRS reticle at $1,300 is a better deal though IMO.

These are very good scopes. But for me personally, there are better scopes out there for the same money. Used ones can be a great deal. But SWFA hasn’t changed these scopes in over 5 yrs. The market has totally changed since then.
    If I had to choose, I’d prefer a Toric, or Ares ETR over the SWFA
    I can’t imagine buying a Chinese athlon over a Japanese SWFA with HD glass.

Don’t know anything about the toric

ETR reticle and turrets for less cash though...

Admittedly that’s close but the Toric conparison is not. If it had more mag I’d have done the Toric over the Razor Gen2.

[QUOTE
    [/QUOTE]

You’ve obviously never looked through an Ares ETR. It is a remarkable scope with 33% more zoom, ED glass, more elevation, more robustly built and a better reticle.

Reactions: TPatz
    I second what kickin45 said. I sold my SWFA and picked up an Athlon Cronus BTR for around the same price. I liked the SWFA but haven’t found it better than the Athlon in any way (glass, tracking, zero stop, zoom, turrets, reticle, eye box, etc)

It’s only my personal preference but I made the change to get a thinner reticle and a zero stop.

I second what kickin45 said. I sold my SWFA and picked up an Athlon Cronus BTR for around the same price. I liked the SWFA but haven’t found it better than the Athlon in any way (glass, tracking, zero stop, zoom, turrets, reticle, eye box, etc)

It’s only my personal preference but I made the change to get a thinner reticle and a zero stop.
    Cronus and SWFA are both Japanese and built tough. I liked the Cronus, and the two reasons you switched were my biggest beefs with the SWFA. But the Cronus isn’t a $1k Chinese-made scope, so comparing it to the Ares is a little apples and oranges.

Reactions: TPatz
    [QUOTE

You’ve obviously never looked through an Ares ETR. It is a remarkable scope with 33% more zoom, ED glass, more elevation, more robustly built and a better reticle.
    [/QUOTE]
    I have looked through it. Nice scope. Don’t trust it to hold up like the SWFA, and I certainly didn’t think the glass was better, but it does have more mag and more features. If you want to trade reliability for features, have at it. But that’s not a swap that interests me.

Reactions: Mxridr
    100% agreed. Excellent value especially if you find one used. Sad I sold my first one.