• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA HD 5-20 VS Bushnell DMR II VS LRTS

rockymountainamateur

Private
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2018
I am looking into a new scope for PRS matches. I plan to run it on my 308 and was wondering if anyone had any experience with either of these scopes. I currently have a SWFA fixed 10 and it tracks fantastic, however I want something with adjustable magnification. All of these scopes can be had used for around $900 on ebay or the classifieds here. I understand that the SWFA doesn't have a zero stop however Tim Kullin makes great ones that I have used before so that is not a concern. Both the Bushnell's have better reticles which would potentially influence my decision. As far as glass clarity is concerned I have no experience with any of the previously mentioned options and would love to hear an opinion on these.

Given the big sale you just missed on the DMR2 Pro, you might be able to catch one of those in the exchange for not much more than a standard DMR2. The Pro is a noticable upgrade in clarity over the standard DMR2. Of the three you mentioned, though, I'd go with the DMR.