• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Swfa illumination

Fotis

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 14, 2009
Cheyenne, Wyoming
gsgroup.co.za
OK so I purchased one used but great condition. My only issue is that I can not see any illumination at all until I pass level 7. From 7-11 it is good but even at 11 it is not as bright as my other illuminated scopes I have. Battery is new. Am I missing something??

What kind of ambient light conditions are those in which you can't see the reticle illumination?

Not every scope has reticle illumination that's usable in bright daylight.

Not all scopes have the same level of reticle illumination (for a given ambient light) either, some are dimmer than others and that's just the way it is.

Okay I can respect that and I fully understand that but is it normal for a scope to show nothing at all at least to my eyes from 1 to level 6? I just wanted to know if this is normal for this particular scope the first one I had with illumination

SWFA makes a great scope optomechanically, they're built like a tank, and they're really well-priced, but their 2 weak points are lack of overall features and poorly done illumination. If someone needs illumination, I probably would recommend something else.

That being said, what environment are you judging this in? Daylight, night time, etc.?

Awesome to hear SWFA is going to give it a once over. Post a follow up report.