• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes SWFA no longer has 16x in MOA????

atxsniper

Private
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2011
Texas
I ordered a swfa ss in 16x moa back when they had that promotion and its been on back order since then. They sent me an email yesterday saying that they are no longer manufacturing this and that they could send me the 16x in mil/mil. Anyone else heard of this?

Re: SWFA no longer has 16x in MOA????

I'd venture a guess that they have decided to sell the old models until they are gone, then concentrate on the way that the market is going and what the masses want, which is matching reticles and turrets. Mil/Mil seems to be in popular demand at this time and SWFA is heading that way. Only a guess on my part though.

I'd call SWFA, talk to customer service and see what you can work out. Other options include keeping an eye on the for sale section here, or SWFA's sample list for the model you desire.

Wouldn't the new model better suit you anyways, beings it's Mil/Mil, vs. Mil/MOA on the old style? You'd be getting a new updated reticle and matching turrets, compared to the older style Mil-Dot reticle and 1/4 MOA turrets.

mil/mil is the way to go but if you really need mil/moa you can ask in the wanted to by forum

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: atxsniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered a swfa ss in 16x moa back when they had that promotion and its been on back order since then. They sent me an email yesterday saying that they are no longer manufacturing this and that they could send me the 16x in mil/mil. Anyone else heard of this? </div></div>

That's news to me, please copy and paste the e-mail you recieved including who sent it.

I sent a pm to you with a copy of the email and who it came from.

Im not apposed to trying the mil/mil its just that I have three other rifles that are all mil/moa so im used to everything in that configuration already.