• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA scope help

laudy187

Private
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hello. I am going to buy a SWFA scope for my Remington 700 LTR. I was wandering what I should get, the 10x, 16x, or 20x. I am looking to shoot anywhere from 100 yards to however far I can lol. What are some peoples thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Re: SWFA scope help

Go with the new mil/mil version in 10x or 12x. On a budget they are great optics.

The link to the one you posted, that scope has standard, not the hd glass, different turrets (moa not mil like the hd one) and a bunch more stuff.

Re: SWFA scope help

I have an LTR and a 3-15x50 Weaver. The 15x allows sub MOA groups if I do my part at 600 yards. That said, I'm interested in a little higher magnification on my next scope and have been looking hard at the SWFA 5-20x50. If you're going with a fixed mag model 16x is a great option but will limit your field of view at the closer ranges. If your only punching holes in paper then that might not be a problem and 20x may even be reasonable.