• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes SWFA SS 10 X 42 Sidefocus owners, please step inside...

highstepper

Private
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2013
I'm planning to purchase a SWFA SS 10 X 42 Sidefocus once they come back in stock over at SWFA.
I saw a vid on Youtube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwh6eVp7kCk that showed the elevation turret clicks and they looked very solid and rather pronounced. I have yet to see anything on the windage turret.

The review over at SniperCentral http://www.snipercentral.com/ss1042.phtml said that the windage turret did not click like the elevation turret.

Are both turrets equally as firm/solid in the detents / clicks?

I have a Primary Arms 4-14 X 44 currently and I don't really like the "lightness" of the turret clicks. I can't hear them with earpro on and I can't feel them either. I'n hoping the SWFA SS is better.

Ultimately I'd like a USO or S & B, but that'll be a while yet.

Thanks!

I have had two SS 10x42's now (one with side focus currently) and both have had very positive/firm/audible clicks. The windage and elevation turrets are equally distinct. If you are not able to hear them with eat protection in, you will be able to feel them.

I have one of those 10 powers but it's not a side focus. On my scope both the windage and elevation are real mushy. It's very difficult to feel the clicks.

Regards, Keith

The newer scopes usually have a better feel to the turrets. And on the older scopes, you can try wiping out some of the grease and/or spinning the hell out of them to get them to feel "crisper".

I have some of the newer mil/mil rear focus scopes and the clicks are solid and audible on all mine. I had one of the older models and they have definitely improved the turrets.

I have one that is about a year old or so. It isn`t the side focus model. Still, a 10x42. I had one turret ( elevation ) not want to give me a click when it was turned. Tightened up the 3 set screws on the turret and I can now feel the turret turn and hear more of a pronounced click. It is a little better than it was before the adjustment. Windage adjustment does seem to be more pronounced when turned though. Just my 0.02 cents. The adjustment may not work for everyone.

Last edited:
I own two of the SS10x42M (the side focus version) and there are clicks on both elevation and windage.