• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA SSHD 5-20x50 scopes from the group buy

str8razor

Private
Minuteman
Jul 3, 2011
New Orleans, La. area
I found a post from this past summer for a group buy for the SWFA SSHD 5-20x50 scopes. It would have been great to get in on it but it appears I'm a day late and a dollar short. However, I am seriously considering getting one and was hoping to get some feedback from everyone who bought them. For anyone who got one, please let me know the pros and cons such as: clarity, accuracy of click adjustments & eye box. But, one of the things I'm most curious about is how heavy is the cross hair in the reticle is at full power.

I had posted a thread a few months back asking for some advice for my next scope and in about 2 weeks I'll have the money saved up. BTW, thanks to all who replied because it really helped me to decide on getting a FFP.

Thanks a bunch and I hope to hear how everyone liked or disliked the SWFA's.

Re: SWFA SSHD 5-20x50 scopes from the group buy

Do the math and this will let you know how much of the target is covered up at all ranges. The crosshair is .05 MRad thick.

5-20Reticle.jpg

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive from the Black Friday deal.

Sorry about that. Last time I posted a question, a had a few ask where I was located and let me know it wasn't in my profile. I just updated it to show I'm in the New Orleans, La. area.

someone on here close to you is bound to have one you can try out... if you every get to SE oklahoma, come try one of mine

Another question I had is what kind of warranty do they have. I may be blind, but I don't see anything on their website.

I purchased one in the group buy, to me, the scope is nice and clear (but this appears to be a more subjective measurement depending upon who is looking through the scope)...mine has tracked absolutely true, and the clicks are nice and tactile. Some have made mention of the mag ring being a bit difficult to manipulate but I don't think this is much of an issue (SWFA does sale a cat-tail if you like).

In my opinion, it is an excellent scope. It is obviously not up there with the mega-optics giants, but it has been great for me, and maybe the best scope I'll ever own.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: str8razor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Another question I had is what kind of warranty do they have. I may be blind, but I don't see anything on their website.</div></div>
Rest assured that SWFA stands behind every scope they make! The best customer service I have ever come across!

Thanks so much for the replies. I'm feeling fairly confident about the quality of the SWFA's and am pretty sure this is what I want to get. It seems to have all the qualities I'm looking for. Two of the replies that helped out a lot were the blow up of the reitcle and the reassurance of their warranty.

Anyway, thanks again and Merry Christmas everyone!

Here are a couple more shots of the reticle:

300 yds on 5X:

PICT0230.JPG

1000 yds on 20X:

PICT0198.JPG

1000GongCenter.jpg

That's a 12" circle.

Jon A, thank you so much for the pics because they are definately worth a thousand words! It looks like there was some haze in the 1000 yard pics that probably didn't do the scope's clarity justice when you compare it to the 300 yard pics.

I have a Remington 700P that I should be dropping off to the smith next week to re-barrel it with a Krieger barrel and true up the action. At the same time, I'll get the SWFA scope and Jewell trigger on order.

Something else I would like to ask is how do you find the fatigue on your eye to be? Currently, I have a cheaper Millet scope that kills my eye after the first few shots and I find my self straining thereafter.

Yeah, the 1000 yd pic was in the heat with some mirage. I was surprised it turned out as well as it did.

I find the scope very friendly to the eye. The eyebox is nice and big and easy to get behind, the focus isn't picky so your eye can stay relaxed...it's easy to shoot all day with. You'll never want to use your Millet again.

Nevermind....I don't have it in me.

Jon A, I think you may have just helped me make my final decision. One of my main concerns is how easy the scope is on the eye. Again, thanks for the pics!

The Millet scope has been a great learner scope for a newbie such as me and I can’t say I regret buying it because it has helped me to learn just what I’m looking for in a scope.

Trevor300wsm, OK?...You have my curiosity. What do you mean by “Nevermind-I don’t have it in me”? I always appreciate someone’s comments because my self and others can only learn from it. If you have had a bad experience about the SWFA scopes, I would like to hear about it.

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon A</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here are a couple more shots of the reticle:

300 yds on 5X:

PICT0230.JPG

1000 yds on 20X:

PICT0198.JPG

1000GongCenter.jpg

That's a 12" circle. </div></div>

John A,

What power is the third picture on? The circle is 12", How far?
Thanks.

Tim

12"x27.78/.3=1111.2 yards. I am not good at breaking down the reticle into 1/100...

Thanks for the pics Jon...saving my money, like to have one of those.