• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes SWFA Super Sniper Scopes

wco24u

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2008
Concord, N.C.
Looking to get one and need some input. Rifle M700 in .308. Those who have please chime in. Range will be shooting to will be 300 yards max, no place really to reach out. Magnification, would like to know which one is more crisp and clear at this distance? Thanks for the input.

Re: SWFA Super Sniper Scopes

Is this for range use only or will you be hunting with it as well? If hunting is a possibility, will you be in wide open areas with little cover or dense wooded areas?

I shot a friends savage with an accutrigger and a fixed 10x scope. Shot a 1" group 1st try. Very nice scope for the money!

I have a 10X on my M1A...I love it. I would consider the 10X with side parralax adjustment though. I'm thinking of getting another one myself.

Also, some folks have tried a new 3-9X FFP Super Sniper. You might consider that also. There's a thread on this forum about it about 20 posts down or so. Another scope that is fairly inexpensive that folks seem to like here is the 4-14X Falcon Menace...although I haven't seen one personally.

10X will be fine, side or rear focus, doesnt matter and is preference. Ive had both and see no difference in use.

16x is good, would shy away from 20X as its "darker"...cant go wrong with the 10X.

I will be using this as a hunting and can killer. Hunting areas this scope would use it in open long cut overs and along power line cut throughs. One positions over looks a deep and long swag. Already have a rifle set up for heavy brush and wood areas got 50mm objective for that low light. Thanks for the replies.

I have a 10x and for the money I don't think it can be beat. To top it off SFWA has great service. I just ordered a set of rings and they shipped same day with email updates.

I've had a one of the original 10x on a 700 police in .308 for about 10 years. I put one on my Knight sr25 last year. Shot to a 1000 yards with it. Looking forward to new variable power scopes they are starting to have.

got my first ss10x in 1998. today i have 5, both side and rear focus. these are all the scope you need. everything else is just for bling. when i went to my first sniper school, guys were showing up with 16 and 20x scopes. i felt under scoped for 1000 yds. but when we actually started shooting, i soon realized i was more than adequate with 10x. well woth the money!

Call me crazy for going against the general consensus, but I never would hunt with a fixed power scope unless it was fairly low power (like 3x) or it was plains hunting/from a hide. My normal hunting glass usually runs 3-9. Cranked down while moving or in brush for easier and faster target acquisition, but in a firing position or glassing (if my binos are down) go on up to 9x. If buying quality glass the ruggedness of a fixed power vs variable should not be an issue. SWFA now has the variable option for that line and while I've yet to get my hands on one, they will do you right.

I don't post a lot here mostly because I'm still trying to grasp this whole long range concept and make it work for me reliably. I had my heart set on a Zeiss scope for my .300wm project a friend of mine and I were planning on doing. Two rifles, the exact same so we could help each other out. When I first head of a scope first made by Tasco I laughed at shooting 700 yards with it, but he bought one for his .50 and we shot the heck out of that gun. The scope was fine so we put them on our projects. I love my 10X SS and for a broke kid like me it works perfectly. I would love to have some nice glass, but I'll upgrade when the time comes. But like others have said, they have been great to my friend and I and havn't lost a zero yet.

That says alot if it will take the recoil of a .50 and not lose zero. Hard to get the idea of it being a tasco out of my head. Jeff

It never was a Tasco. It was marketed by them, but made then and now by the same folks who have always made them.

The new units (from late 2008-early 2009) have better glass and coating for improved image quality.

I've been using a 10X side focus since 2003 with no problems. I recommended this unit to a friend, and he really likes it on his AR.