• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SWFA Tax day sale - good through 4/15 (midnight)

Oh boy! Wish the 3-15x42 was on the list... That's going to be my first real scope. Thanks for the heads up sir.

Ordered my first SWFA scope today. Got the 16x42. Figured at that price I could afford to have a spare scope sitting around on a shelf just in case. What does everyone think of the SWFA SSALT scope that is also on sale?

I had my eye on a 3-15 too...... Oh well, maybe for Black Friday they'll put it on sale. It sure is nice to see just the scopes on sale, without having to buy a package like in the past. We'll done SWFA!

I've been waiting on this day for weeks. I need a couple of 6x mil-quad scopes. Guess I'll just have to keep my eye on the classified section :( I refuse to pay retail for anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had my eye on a 3-15 too...... Oh well, maybe for Black Friday they'll put it on sale. It sure is nice to see just the scopes on sale, without having to buy a package like in the past. We'll done SWFA!

Same here. Appears to be their only scope NOT on sale.

None of the classic fixed 10's or 12's are on sale (mil-quad or dot) and of course no 6xMQ. Pretty much every scope I intended to buy isn't on sale lol.

Just my luck, I wanted a non-illuminated 5-20 on black Friday, didnt go on sale. Want a 6x mill quad now, not on sale but 5-20 is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

None of the classic fixed 10's or 12's are on sale (mil-quad or dot) and of course no 6xMQ. Pretty much every scope I intended to buy isn't on sale lol.

I guess we know what's selling. I struck out on my wishlist, too.

I emailed them. Asked if they could give me a deal on the 3-15 since it wasn't on sale. They got me in a 3-15 demo for 659. I'm happy.

SWFA Tax day sale - good through 4/15 (midnight)

Maybe I should give that a shot. The samplelist hasn't had a single SWFA SS optic listed for quite a while now. I'm hoping that they got some trade-ins during the sale.

Maybe I should give that a shot. The samplelist hasn't had a single SWFA SS optic listed for quite a while now. I'm hoping that they got some trade-ins during the sale.

There have been quite a few SWFA SS optics on there of late, but they seem to get snagged and then removed VERY quickly.

Looks like there are about a half-dozen on there now, but alas, no 3-15x models. See here: SWFA Riflescopes

My Tax Day Special 1-6 showed up today.
Compared side by side with my Bushnell SFP SMRS 1-6.5x24, the 2 instruments are very similar in performance optically.
The eyebox on the Bushy may be a little more forgiving but they are both fairly easy to get behind.

For a short time I owned the FFP version of the Bushnell and the SWFA is much better at 1x, in fact it's as good as the SFP Bushy.
The Bushy FFP had a lot of distortion at 1x and I could never get close objects in perfect focus. I sent it in for service and they returned a different scope that had been inspected and deemed within tolerance with the same disappointing performance at 1x. That scope had to go. Others have told me how much they like their FFP SMRSs and I just don't understand why.

I prefer SFP in a 1-x power scope because at 1x graduations on the reticle are useless and any illumination suffers greatly, for example, at 1/6 the magnification the brightness is 1/36th as bright.

The reticle in the SWFA is designed so well that this effect is not a problem, though. The illuminated ring that almost exits the FOV at 6x becomes a rapid acquisition aid at 1x, with the center of the reticle (10 mils high x 10 mils wide) illuminated also.

I'm very happy with my Tax Day Special. It's a nice scope at $1K, at $8C it's fantastic.

Last edited:
is it too early to start whining about my 5-20 being back oprdered? Cant wait to get this scope in and try it out. Thanks SWFA for the deal, but my wife hates you, sorry.