• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swift Scirocco II bullets any good?

CCooper

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 20, 2009
Hoschton, GA
I'm about to get a box of these (130 grain) to try this hunting season in my 6.5x47. Anyone have any experience or have heard good or bad about them. They look very nice and seem to be similar to the Nosler accubond. Thanks

Re: Swift Scirocco II bullets any good?

I have seen them and same question as you. Let me know how they work for you.

Yea, I was wondering about that high BC
wink.gif
. I'll compare them to my Scenars and Bergers to see.

I've also heard they may be a little picky to get to shoot. That is probaly due to their secant ogive, but I guess that secant ogive also helps with the high BC.

I have had very good luck with accuracy and killing ability of the Swift bullets. Very Accurate.

I have heard great performance reviews on the SC II's. I really wanted the 130's to shoot well in my Sendero 264, just could not get them under an inch. I ended up with my second choice...120 TSX Tipped. They perform excellent on mulley's and hopefully see thier performance on elk this year.

I have shot them in my X47, I could not get them to shoot better or worse than .75MOA.

I usually shoot the Berger 130 well inside of that, and they are very effective hunting bullet. So I just stayed with them.

Yea, I may end up hunting with the 130 Berger also, but I believe I'm going to try the Scirocco first. I can't get too excited about hunting with the Bergers--I would rather a bullet stay together and exit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CCooper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea, I was wondering about that high BC
wink.gif
. I'll compare them to my Scenars and Bergers to see.

I've also heard they may be a little picky to get to shoot. That is probaly due to their secant ogive, but I guess that secant ogive also helps with the high BC. </div></div>
Correct. Seat them out as far as possible and still feed in the mag.

Thanks, I'll try .010 in and .010 out and see what happens. No problem magazining--that's why I built a 6.5x47 instead of the .260. I just gotta order them now.

130 Berger very good on deer, 120 Barnes are great killers in 6.5, and a 6.5 Accubond is a great all around bullet IMHO at all ranges.

Any accurate SSII is a good hunting load IMHO.