• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Switch barrel rifles

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    What cases are you using to store your extra barrels, bolts and mags? I have DT covert I need a soft or hard case with decent storage for 2 extra barrels, a extra bolt, Boris kit, and 4 mags.
    Thanks

Tab gear makes some nice sleeves to hold your barrels. I think you can get them through mhsa. I haven't seen a one stop item that would handle all of them though.

I've been keeping an eye out for a "quiver" that would hold 3-5 barrels. Some pockets on the outside for bolts and mags is a good idea too.

nothing, my spare barrel in .338lap lives in the safe next to my other guns. its not like its a delicate item like a scope that has glass and what have you, unless your planning to stoke a fire with it I cant see you damaging a barrel too easy.

A member here makes barrel sleeves that I much prefer to the tab gear ones. I have both. I have a soft case inside a 1720 and I can carry 3 extra barrels

nothing, my spare barrel in .338lap lives in the safe next to my other guns. its not like its a delicate item like a scope that has glass and what have you, unless your planning to stoke a fire with it I cant see you damaging a barrel too easy.
    Well if you take them to the range and change them out somewhere besides your gun room, it's nice to have something to protect everything and keep it all together.

Something like fhis would be nice if it were in stock and a little cheaper
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

This is a decent way to protect a barrel, may want to add a plastic cap for the breach end.
    1522509927883.png

The stretchy sleeves probably can be gotten cheap as well.

R

Those look nice. I was sitting here thinking it would be pretty cool to have someone make up barrel sleeves that are sewn together like a roll up wrench pouch