• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

F T/R Competition Switch Barrels

sweetsam

Private
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2013
Hi,

I just purchase a Stiller Tac 30 (Single Shot) and plan to use this action for competition in F-TR.

I'm looking for Whidden to chamber a new set of barrels for my action.

Do they need my action for cut and chamber a new barrel or an experienced gunsmith can cut and chamber them with action tenon detail from Stiller?

You might want to ask the gunsmith whom you pick to do the work this question. They may have a preference...

Which chamber spec will suitable with Berger 175 LRBT and Berger 185 LRBT?

I'm not prefer to turn brass. So, may stick with .342" Nk but need some suggest for fb.

I look at this a little different. I own 5 Match Rifles and all of them are Switch Barrel rifles. When you look at the price to chamber a barrel $175.00 to $250.00 or there abouts, why take any chances on needing to have this done again?

We also are talking about a percision piece of equipment, were .0005 can make a real difference. Your smith may be able to work off of the drawings and get it right--key word there being "MAY". Why not send him the action let him chamber it and record the absolute correct deminsions for that paticular action? You only need to do this once with the right Smith, he will record the deminsions and then all future barrels he will not need the action.

Roland