• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Switching muzzle break = change POI?

MilesDyson

Private
Minuteman
May 6, 2020
I'm changing muzzle breaks on a 556 11in anyone think I should have to rezreo?

You might. I had a 3MOA lateral shift going from a little bastard to a cherry bomb on a 6.5 grendel.

Reactions: sleeplz
Your rifle may differ, but changing the weight that hangs off the end will most likely change barrel harmonics.

Changing to any type of unbroken muzzle should improve accuracy vs a broken muzzle. If you mean changing to a different muzzle BRAKE than you might see a little poi shift. Same thing when you are shooting with and without a suppressor.

I'm busy and mainly the range I normally go to is closed because CV. I will have to try somewhere new. But tanks for all the responses.

ive had a shift about 1mil when i went from a PVA jetblast to a 419 sidewinder.

You might get lucky, but I couldn’t get that lucky. A couple years ago, I took my brake off and cleaned the carbon out, and cleaned my muzzle. Took it to a PRS match that Sat, and couldn’t hit shit. MD let me re-zero during the lunch break. Shot much better in the afternoon. I was off about 10” at 400 yds. I didn’t change anything, just cleaned and replaced. I would’ve never guessed that it would have made that much difference.

Reactions: scatterbrains
I plan on re-zeroing when I change just about anything on the gun or load.

It is definitively not out the realm of possibility. A solid zero check will make life good.