• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Switching to MRAD help deciding on what scope

Bugzlife19

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2017
So for the last year I've been using a Vortex Razor Gen II 4.5-27x56 w/ EBRC 2. I got a great deal on it and I love it for the most part except. Its MOA, I've used both MRAD and MOA before since I've got an PST 6-24 in MRAD on my SPR AR-15. My problem with with MOA is it takes me 42 MOA toget out to 1200 yards with my rifle taking me in to the second rotation. Several times stupid me has forgotten to take the second rotation out during matches and blown my first couple shots on the next stage. Yeah it's user error but if I can fix this verriable takes one last thing out of the equation.
So im rebarreling my rifle from .308 to 6.5 creedmoor and trueing the action. This month I decide I'll sell my scope and switch to MRAD while my rifles out. So here's my question. Should I buy another Razor because I like the scope and reticle or maybe try an AMG? Or try out an Nightforce F1 which I've looked through and thought was nice. Or he'll maybe even a Khales which I don't know much about but have heard from few guys that they like there's. I know scopes are very subjective. Just looking for some input from you guys.
Thaks so much for any help or extra info.

I loved my Kahles, and would take it over my 5-25 ATACR almost every single time. In the end, you can't go wrong with either one at their level, so pick the reticle you prefer.

Since you are familiar with the Razor and you like it, just get another one in Mils so you don't get stuck comparing your new scope to your old one in other ways. A helluva lot simpler and cheaper in the long run.

Thanks for the insight. Definitely leaning towards another Razor.

I've been using MOA for the last 4-5 years and took a precision class at Rifles Only. I was the only MOA there. So when the instructor gives directions and everyone is turning dials, I'm converting.

I ended up swapping my Nightforce NXS to the Razor Gen2 in Mrad. So far I love it. Really good glass. I just need to get some more time behind it to get used to the MRAD vs MOA thinking.