• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Swivelling/panning picatinny mount?

groper

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2008
australia
just wondering if anyone knows of a picatinny mount that clamped to rail so that you end up with a swivelling section of pictinny rail that can be spun around. This would allow say a bipod to be mounted to this spinning section and you would have a panning bipod mount for example. Does anyone know of anything like this?

Re: Swivelling/panning picatinny mount?

Just fix the rail to the forend and use an Atlus bipod that has that incorperated into it. if you do it your way the rail will catch on everything i dont think it is realy practical.

The Atlas Bipod is the way to go if you need the ability to have a panning bipod. It gives you around 30 degrees of panning capability (15 to each side) once mounted. Just one of the Atlas bipod's many excellent features.

If you don't want to go that route, perhaps you might consider a tripod attachment to your rifle with a head that will allow you the panning capability you are looking for. You can go with a direct mount to the rifle or with a tripod equipped with a cradle/rest, both of which will give you panning. Take a look at those offered by PRS (Danel Jenkins) who is a member here:

http://www.precisionriflesolutions.com/

Good luck!

this is not a 'buy an atlas' thread, the idea is to be able to use ANY bipod on this mount, most likely one that does not pan... just wondering if it had been done before?

no problem if you dont like Atlus bipods i also have a Rock and it panns a little but as mentiones even a tripod adapted will pann ane might be what yu are after as i have said i think you will have to large an item hanging off your forend and it will catch on everything unless you inlet it all into the stock but then it will still have to be proud to allow it to pann and swivel without hitting the underside of the stock. i dont believe it has been done before but if you made it on the end of an AI type spiggon it would be the best option or hanging infront of the stock so it does not hang low it might work but can still hang forward to catch when the bipod is not attached.

So if you work a system out better than a rail that fits multiple attachments like a forend rail fixed to the stock and a detachable panning high grade bipod post some pics i would love to see what you come up with. I am sure if it was like a tractor hanging off the rifle people would still buy them as the market is so big it does not matter what people come up with some will like it others will not like you seem not to like the Atlas your choice.