• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SWR Omega 30

KYS

BBN #1
Minuteman
Oct 8, 2008
Lexington, KY
Well it might just not be my week for luck. I just picked up my YHM Cobra M2 can and had the problem with the incorrect threads, but now thats fixed. But now my Omega 30 can is affecting my accuracy. Either its affecting my rifle or I cant shoot for shit today.

I took it out on my rifle and tried to zero it, the Premier Heritage scope would not seem to coperate with me at all and i got fed up and moved to a different rifle. I changed back to a USO scope and I still could not hit paper. I was bottomed out on the scope but still shooting almost 2 feet high?!?!?!? WTF!

So I head back to the house and thread on my YHM Phantom 7.62 QD. Now it shoots better. I have since put the Omega 30 on my GAP and Im headed out the door to test fire it. It was dead nuts at 100, so Ill report back in a bit. Im super pissed!!!!!
frown.gif

Re: SWR Omega 30

I got it worked out. switched the suppressors between two rifles and everything is perfect now. I guess my rifles are picky....

All is good now
smile.gif

I have an SWR Omega 300 on the way for a .308 that I am having built by Aquila. How did the swr 30 sound? What of the recoil management?

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JPipes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an SWR Omega 300 on the way for a .308 that I am having built by Aquila. How did the swr 30 sound? What of the recoil management?

Thanks! </div></div>

It's excellent. Reduces recoil dramtically.

I have a Omega 30 bieng rebuilt into a 300.

Jpipes - make sure you ask Chris to check the alignment onf your threading with the suppressor. you dont want a baffle strike! He always gauges his threads but sometimes the actual suppressor threading or QD mount can be machined poorly.

It does take a lot of the recoil out of the 308 round, not like there is a lot anyways. Ur getting a 30 or 300? you will see more sounds reduction in the 300 then a Omega 30....

Aquila does great work, me and Chris have done business together for years. He is a GREAT gunsmith and a great guy!

It's the Omega 300, but I have another two to three months of waiting for the ATF to approve all of my paperwork. They cashed the check on the 3rd of February.

Chris is a great guy, and he has really put up with a lot of dumb questions from me. He is building a 223ai on a remington action and a .308 on an FN-SPR action for me. All should be completed shortly.

"All completed shortly"

haha I have heard that from him many a time. Take that with a grain of salt!
He is a great guy to deal with and a top notch gunsmith.

He worked on my Custom 416 barrett for a year..... but its headed this way now and well worth the wait.

But normally his time frames are right where they say they are, the 416 took so long because he had to turn the barrel down in a lathe and had to borrow shop time from a buddy to do it. that barrel IS HUGE!

you will love his work