• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Sws barrel nut.

Westhunder

Private
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2017
South Carolina
Does anyone know where I can locate a sws barrel nut for a noveske marked sws rail. I have contacted sws and they have no more squirreled away! Please help!

Call novekse and see if the newer NSR nuts will work. I have used both and i remember them being pretty close dimensionally speaking. i did not mic them up tho, so apply salt liberally.

Call novekse and see if the newer NSR nuts will work. I have used both and i remember them being pretty close dimensionally speaking. i did not mic them up tho, so apply salt liberally.
I ordered one.... .250 from a go...... I was pissed bc I already had to grind it down to fit in the handguard (too long)

I ordered one.... .250 from a go...... I was pissed bc I already had to grind it down to fit in the handguard (too long)
where is it interfering? ill have to put this info away in my notes in case my SWS nut is unusable

where is it interfering? ill have to put this info away in my notes in case my SWS nut is unusable
The holes are a certain distance from the face of the receiver.... the handguard holes are not the same distance from the receiver. The distance of the holes from each other is the same, however the handguard hits the receiver before lining up with the holes in the barrel nut.

Pic of issue

Attachments

• C806FA5B-AB41-42B2-A587-FFD277E8F986.jpeg
    C806FA5B-AB41-42B2-A587-FFD277E8F986.jpeg
    351.6 KB · Views: 107
Was SMOS the OEM for that rail? It'r probably a long shot, but they may have a nut that will work. I think their OEM/machine shop side is just "Stubborn Mule" these days.

Was SMOS the OEM for that rail? It'r probably a long shot, but they may have a nut that will work. I think their OEM/machine shop side is just "Stubborn Mule" these days.
No sws made them and has no more of the old nuts available. I don’t think they are in business anymore at all. The barrel nut had a proprietary wrench you had to use to get it on and off too, stupid I know

No sws made them and has no more of the old nuts available. I don’t think they are in business anymore at all. The barrel nut had a proprietary wrench you had to use to get it on and off too, stupid I know

Ah. bummer.

Pic of issue
ahhhh hole to nut face offset is different. good to know. As far as i can tell, it seems like SWS is no longer doing business. Sad, as i really quite liked their rails. You might try Randal @ ar15barrels.com. He might have a few squirreled away or maybe a line on some NOS.

This is the barrel nut you will be needing, also they use a certain wrench and they’re super hard to come by it seems.

Attachments

• 539A9149-A956-4706-A9B0-66A130F2E54F.jpeg
    539A9149-A956-4706-A9B0-66A130F2E54F.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 74
A friend of mine has two nuts, a wrench and a Noveske rail for sale for $100. It is an Armalite pattern thread. Shoot me a pm if you’re interested.

I found a nut and handguard on tacswap, I’m going to use that nut as a template and have a few machined and sell for those that find themselves in the same situation. Just FYI for all of you that helped!

I found a nut and handguard on tacswap, I’m going to use that nut as a template and have a few machined and sell for those that find themselves in the same situation. Just FYI for all of you that helped!
Hi did you ever find or make a Sws wrench? I’m currently looking for one