• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing T/C encore question

Re: T/C encore question

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cruizer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No
</div></div>
Correct - can't do 338 Lapua. Belted mag rim diameter (0.532") is about max, depending on chamber pressure. 338 WM and 338-06 are OK. I have one in 375 H&H....

Cheers,

Bill

I think you would stretch the frame with that. I know that is why you don't find some of the good calibers in the G2 like .308

Well I figured the parent case being 416 rigby and being able to get a factory barrel in 416 you would be able to run a 338 LM. Smith and wesson actually told me to see if someone would do it. They did not indicate there would be any safty issues.

I will look at SSK. Thanks

Ps. I know that pressures and angles are different. I was just hoping to be able to have a barrel made if no one makes one already.

Few years ago someone posted a pic of a RUM (forget which one 338 or 300) that ripped apart. That was a non-factory barrel, unk who the maker was, but it was on an encore frame FWIW.