• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

T/C Pro Hunter

rackchaser71

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2010
myakka city FL
i had the chance to hold one of the new ones the other day with the black flextech stock and the 28" ss fluted bbl, WOW is all i can say. by far one of the smoothest most comfortable rifles i have ever held and super light for a 28" bull barrel. 675$ isnt bad either. just wondering if anybody has any experience with one. ive been reading some reviews but theres not many so i figured i would ask in here. the one i held was 25-06 but i would consider a 300wm or a 7mag.thanks guys

Re: T/C Pro Hunter

I have one and it is a great hunting rifle. I have a 300wm and a 209x50 muzzle loader. $675 is a great price for a new one.

the only thing i worry about is the single shot, but if you do your part you should never need a follow up shot with a 300wm lol. have you done anything to the trigger? if so how hard was it?

Trigger needs work for sure. I have read somewhere on here who to buy trigger springs from but have not done it yet.

Have one in .270. The bride took a whitetail with it last year. Totes really nice. Mine shot factory ammo pretty decent. For a hunting rig I like it.

I have been shooting the encore for severals years now. 300wm, 209x50, 300 whisper and 375H&H. I love my encore. I shoot the 300wm and whisper with a can. The 375 and 300wm shoot just fine for hunting to 800yds. I have not shot them past 800 yet. I shot a Double tap 260gr accubond out of the 375 and a 210 vld out of the 300wm.

Ive been packing one in the woods for a few years. Getting ready to buy a MGM barrel but cant decide on if I want a 7mmAI or STW

elk308640x480.jpg

You will not go wrong with the MGM barrel. I've got a MGM barrel in 6.5 x .284 caliber in the Pro Hunter Encore. It is a bench rest model barrel and a tack driver. I think now I will be able to shoot the Smack-the Smilely Hide Comps. here.

I have 3 Encore frames and several barrels. I really like the system for a lot of my hunting needs. they handle very well, and are short for fast handling in confined spaces. I have not had any problems attaining hunting accuracy with any of mine.

I would not consider them the best choice for long range work. But for normal hunting they are tough to beat. And I really like single shots.

However I do not like the Pro hunter models. And here is how I bought mine.

First of all they will need a trigger job if you want the best performance from them. I have had trigger jobs done by Bellm and Stratton. They both do good work. The way to start is to buy an action only and have a trigger job done on it. I actually bought my action from Stratton. That saved me on freight charges.

Then you need to decide on the cartridge you want. I have MGM barrels. They are first rate barrels and you can get exactly what you want. Barrel length, barrel contour, brake or not, and they will cut the chamber exactly the way you want it for no extra charge, and get you the twist rate you want. So you could say it is a custom barrel to start out with. My go to deer rifle is a SS 20"-ported 30-06 barrel for woods hunting. And it is short and fast for woods handling.

After choosing your barrel you then get to choose the exact stock you want. I prefer the TH design stock for my encores.

So if you do not go crazy on stocks you can put together a semi-custom rifle(that fits you) for a reasonable price(not much more than a straight factory Pro Hunter).

Below is a picture of one of mine. It is a 6.5X284 with a match cut chamber and a 28" ported HB. And it shoots very well. Certainly not as well as a $2,000-$3,000 custom rifle. But 1/2" groups are obtainable with a little work. And that ain't bad for a HUNTING RIFLE. Tom.

IMG_0319.jpg

I got one in T/C barrel a .375 H and H. Kick like a mule. Send it off and had a muzzle brake installed. Recoil is like a '06 and is actually quieter too. I switch barrel and have a MGM barrel in the 6.5 X .284 caliber. I have a log book with a 15 round count. It is going to be a tack driver too. I go hunting,5 shells is excessive to me. Usally two is enough. One of the things I learn to do is to shoot standing up or off hand. Does takes a little practice but one can do it. This was how it was done in the older days when hunters did not dress in camo!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crazy Dog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What caliber are you using? Looks mightier big shells to me. </div></div>

That one is a 300 win mag

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HOGGHEAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

However I do not like the Pro hunter models.

</div></div>

Can you explain what it is you don't like about the Pro Hunter .vs. Encore. I thought it was basically the same thing except for a swing hammer.

just sold my Prohunter to someone who offered more money than i paid for it. On my frame i had .204,.223,.22-250,.243,.25-06,.280,7MM Mag and .50 cal blackpowder. All shot as good or better than most sporter weight and some of my varmint rifles. the .204, .25-06 adn .280 shot lights out. From varmints to big game it is a great choice for an all around hunting rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rr155</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HOGGHEAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

However I do not like the Pro hunter models.

</div></div>

Can you explain what it is you don't like about the Pro Hunter .vs. Encore. I thought it was basically the same thing except for a swing hammer. </div></div>

Simple answer. The price. As I explained I can buy a frame with a custom barrel and a custom stock for not much more than the Pro Hunter. And the Pro Hunter is a standard factory offering. So I can get a lot more for less. Tom.

Bargara barrels are nice as well...I have one in 243, have a bellm in 3006 w brake an factory 22 250 heavy and 209x50..they all shoot well.
Although was playing with a katahdin in 45-70 that seemed to balance nice an def. have some fun hunting with. Might be the next one to pick up.

I have got a nice 45-70 barrel that is new if you are interested. It has a custom Skinner ladder sight mounted on it with a muzzle break. If you are interested let me know. I will work you out a good deal. The barrel was a factory barrel. And the brake is not removable. Tom.

IMG_0575_2.jpg

IMG_0574.jpg