• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

T post target hangers.

I use Hang Fast and MK Machining’s T Post hangers. Both are excellent products. Can’t go wrong with either.

Reactions: sgtsmmiii
Hang fast steel or if you got targets with slotted hooks than definitely JC Steel brackets

What I have are used plow discs. Burning and welding holes are not a problem. I'm trying to figure out what to burn and weld. I'm thinking about round pipe welded to the discs with a nut welded to the pipe to lock it in place.

Reactions: Nodakplowboy
SITargets is local here and have developed their own solid hook mount system with slotted targets for heavy completion use. These work great and stand up to match after match.

I've used a lot of different ones and the JC Steel hangers are the best. I love ours!

You can drill a hole through a T post easily. Use S hooks or carabiners To attach a chain or strap. You can also just wrap stiff wire using fencing pliers around the T post and attach the chain or strap to that. No need to buy anything fancy.

Reactions: Jscb1b
You can drill a hole through a T post easily. Use S hooks or carabiners To attach a chain or strap. You can also just wrap stiff wire using fencing pliers around the T post and attach the chain or strap to that. No need to buy anything fancy.
That is what I was looking for!

Reactions: wade2big
That is what I was looking for!
If you use the wire instead of drilling a hole, make sure the post notches face out away from the targets. The weight of the targets will pull the wire into the notches and it will be another precaution To ensure the wire wont slip down the post. Never had a problem going this route. I did this for a long while before I ended up just drilling the posts.

We use the wire wrapped around a couple posts too. A few are on chains, but most of them are on old conveyer strap. A couple cheap U-bolts with the nits run down with an impact gun works great to hold the stap or chain too.

That said, we have a couple on hangers like the ones above and they do ring way better. We'll probably eventually upgrade everything to hangers. I like the MKM version just because it uses the bolt and most of out targets won't take the hook types.

Not portable, but this is what I came up with

Attachments

• 20200124_143645.jpg
    20200124_143645.jpg
    903.2 KB · Views: 106
  • 20200124_143615.jpg
    20200124_143615.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 111
Reactions: Chief_Rick
New or used on line. Also used belts for Bailing machines. Ck with local fire department for used firehose material too.
I got mine free.
I've got contacts for fire hose - most any size.

Wasn't sure what kind of places to look for conveyor belt. I could actually use some of that to put a new guard on my bush hog.

If your in farm country, most any farmer will have used bailing belts which is basically conveyor belt material. Ive seen conveyor belt material listed new and used. I happened to get a crapload of it used. Cut it into strips with a circular saw in the yard.

Reactions: Chief_Rick
Our JC Steel Targets Labor Day discount is still active.
We have a plethora of T Post brackets.
Depends what kind of targets you’d prefer. I’d recommend our Slotted Hook Targets and brackets.

jcsteeltargets.com

Reactions: lash
I think you'll find the modularity of my system to be quite unique, and at a lower cost than others. You can hang a "wing" off my mounts to hang multiple targets, as well as a t-post protector for high volume use. Additionally, some options simply top a t-post. With my design you can run multiple up and a down a post. Steel is held at approximately a 15 degree angle for closer range use without splashback.
IMG_6929.JPG
IMG_6908.JPG