• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

T1X trigger

dhom

Private
Minuteman
Jul 29, 2020
Is there anyone making a trigger that doesnt cost as much as the rifle that will get you a 4-6 oz pull?

Is there anyone making a trigger that doesnt cost as much as the rifle that will get you a 4-6 oz pull?
I have added an adjustment to the Tikka trigger that reduces the sear engagement, got one down to 8oz and its reliable, takes a bit of work and if you want the safety to function, you will have to do some work to get it right, my triggers are for bench use only to.

I have added an adjustment to the Tikka trigger that reduces the sear engagement, got one down to 8oz and its reliable, takes a bit of work and if you want the safety to function, you will have to do some work to get it right, my triggers are for bench use only to.
I like what you said. Is this something I can do because 8 oz works for me? I am not a smith but fairly familiar with the tools.

The Jard trigger will suit my needs but, have they fixed the problem with the safety hitting the bolt?

I have to tikkas with the yo Dave trigger spring, and they are pretty damn nice for $15. You’ll pay more in shipping. Worth a shot before you blow your load on a full trigger.

I called Jard and they tell me the problem with the safety being to high is solved. I ended up ordering the trigger. It is supposed to let off between 9-11oz. [thats a 50% decrease] sheepdog697 I have a yo Dave spring and a mountain spring. The best I could do was 1lb 6oz.

I have tried Jard triggers and did not like them.
Since I have tried Timney triggers and love how they feel. They are more expensive but worth it.
Just my opinion.
A Jard trigger set at 9-11 oz. is way better than the one I am dealing with. [I'm talking shooting BR at 100 yds.] I looked at the Timney but, it was 2 stage. I have a Timney single stage on my Rem 700 BDL 300WM and love it.

I have tried Jard triggers and did not like them.
Since I have tried Timney triggers and love how they feel. They are more expensive but worth it.
Just my opinion.
I have never used a Timney so I can’t comment on them. The Jard is a huge improvement over the factory trigger on MY rifle. It seems that the factory Tikka triggers are all over the place as far as the weight range adjustment goes. Mine was at the higher end no matter what spring it had in it.
Just my opinion.

I have a Jewell ordered for my 40XB and can’t wait to try it.

I have never used a Timney so I can’t comment on them. The Jard is a huge improvement over the factory trigger on MY rifle. It seems that the factory Tikka triggers are all over the place as far as the weight range adjustment goes. Mine was at the higher end no matter what spring it had in it.
Just my opinion.

I have a Jewell ordered for my 40XB and can’t wait to try it.
I am also a fan of Jewel triggers. I am having a 22 rifle built right now and will be using a 2 oz Jewel. The Bergara I had used a TT Diamond and I can't say enough good about that trigger.

My Jard trigger came and I installed directly on my Tikka. As it turns out my Lyman trigger gauge reads 6.5 oz. A bit surprising because it was rated 9-11 oz. I got a chance to shoot at our club at 100 yds and I am pleased with the trigger and did not adjust anything. Our 100 yd targets have an X-rind 1/2" and the 10 ring is 1 3/8". I shot 100-6X's twice with Wolf Match Extra. I am happy with the results.

Reactions: Frankr