• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing T3 replacement trigger

Sako TRG trigger fits, or so I hear. Expect to pay for it, though. Why do you want to replace the T3 trigger? I love the factory trigger on mine.

The TRG trigger fits as mentioned an is probably the best choice if your not looking for a bench rifle.
Would be my first choice for a general purpose rifle, and is a very nice 2 stage trigger that is reliable.

THe old model CG jackson 21 fits the T3 and are excellent 2 stage triggers,but hard to find i imagine.

Barnard makes a very good trigger for target rifles, for a field rifle you'd want to choose something else though as tehy're reliability is not exactly excellent.

Also Bix'n Andy in Austria makes a superb single stage trigger for the T3, if your doing something like F-class, bench etc.
It would be my first choice every time, the trigger is super smooth and the pull weight consistency is unbelieveable until you try one.
The trigger unit is sealed so it is fairly reliable, used it for hunting, range and field shooting at steel and never gave me any issues.
But i have never soaked it in sand or mud for the sake of testing it's reliability, as there are more simple designs that should be less prone to failure.
Adjustable form 1,7 to 70 oz, for a target rifle i'd take it every time over fx a Jewell, as it is more consistent and reliable.
THe downside to it is the 500+ price tag.

The original T3 trigger is quite okay if you tune it and replace a 10$ spring in it, it will be a very good single stage trigger. so a lot of people do not change it.
There are by the way to types of factory triggers for it a normal single stage and a single set trigger.

The Jard version i have no experience with.

Thanks guys, the factory trigger is ok for a general use gun or hunting, it'll only go down to 2 lbs and has a really long stroke. Hate two stage on a bolt gun. I have jewels in everything else adjusted below 16oz, they have very little take up and you can adjust the sear engagement for reliability. I practice with the tikka in .308 for tactical match shooting, saves barrel life on the match guns. I did see that bixn andy trigger on ebay, glad to know its quality since its 450 bucks! That jard is a pos, won't do that again! Thanks again, any discounts on the Austria trigger let me know.

Try Ernie the gunsmiths tikka springs, they worked wonders for me on a moa winchester trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk