• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

T3 Summit, thoughts on buying one

I love mine, shoots great and is very light. Just have the hogue stock on it.

With a suppressor she is dead nuts quiet.

If you get to the Fargo area let me know... can let you shoot it and get your own opinion.

Ok now that I am on an actual computer I can type some info out for you.

The people over at PWS are very nice, and if you have any questions just give them a call and talk to them. I was looking at the T3 in the Hogue stock, just to keep the weight down on the rifle. So gave them a call to see if they had any instock. Come to find out that they didn't have the rifle in that stock, though they did have it in the blue wooden stock. Talked to the guy and he asked me if I could hold for a little bit, sure why not, when he came back he had told me that they made one for me. They took the rifle out of the wooden stock and put it in the display hogue stock that they had. He put it in a box and everything was set. Took my info, twice due to there being another person with my name in their system, and everything was good. The rep called me about 10 minutes later and explained that they canceled the first order due to the same name problem. Got things straightened out and the rifle was at my FFL in 4 days!

The rifle is very nice to look at, as well as shoot. The toggle is a bit stiff at first, but the more rounds that you put through her the better it gets. The trigger is very nice and light and very predictible. The barrel is light weight and very nice, though I have had it shooting anything from blaser bullk packs to Eley red box, they all shot well at 50 yards. When taking the rifle out to the range and going out to 100 and 150 yards the Eley reds really shot well in her. I am sure I could have shot further out, but I am only planning on hunting suppressed with it, and most of the shots will be within those ranges for me.

The only thing that I don't like, and it really isn't the companies fault, is that I can't figure out how to take down the rifle to clean it. I am not wanting to take it down and have a screw or something left over. But on the other hand the great parts are the weight, accuracy, the ability to put on any aftermarket 10/22 part on it ( besides the bolt and receiver ). The threads on the end are very nice and sharp, have had no problem with my sparrow on the end. Have noticed no POI shift when shooting with the suppressor either, was originaly worried about this due to the carbon fiber barrel.

I have let a few of my shooting firends try it, and they don't want to give it back. It is a joy to shoot, and always gets a few looks when at the range. I would suggest getting one and having fun with it. Because for the price they are, you are getting a rifle that is already top notch. So no need to work on it if you don't want to.

Last edited:
Ok- this thing really is intriguing me. Must be the olympic shooting events I'm watching!

I just got mine....to echo the above...it is a fantastic little rifle. Its a little different and ultimately may not be your style, but I can't se anyone being disappointed in its performance.

T3 Summit, thoughts on buying one

The only thing that I don't like, and it really isn't the companies fault, is that I can't figure out how to take down the rifle to clean it. I am not wanting to take it down and have a screw or something left over.

Go to their web site and you can download the service instructions. Removing the stock and barrel is the same as the Ruger 10/22 (Y-Tube or get/download a factory Ruger manual.)

I love mine and would 100% recommend one to anyone. Especially for shooting suppressed over the standard bolt action.

Currently TBA Suppressors is building me an integral QAS suppressor for it. I wanted the suppressor tube to be 16" so it appears to be just a 16" bull barrel.

I ended up having to file a form 1 to SBR with a 10" barrel.

Specs:
PWS Summit action/Trigger group
10" Kidd stainless barrel
16" Titanium Suppressor tube
8- Titanium K-Baffles and end cap

Green Hogue Stock
Not sure magnified optic or RDS.

He also ports the barrel to bleed off enough gas to turn bulk/standard velocity ammo to subsonic. I also asked and he is going to build a bushing with matching port holes. That way I can close/block the ports and shoot supersonic ammo supersonic. The bushing is inside the suppressor tube, not not like an outside switch block.

Can't wait!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
PWS Summit T3 Problems

I bought the receiver trigger group and put it together with a KIDD barrel, I only got about 100 rds through it with the first 70 flawless before it began having fail to fire issues. Bolt face to barrel face has opened up to .022, apparently it should be .004 closed. At first PWS and Questar there Canadian importer tried to blame the KIDD barrel. Awaiting their resolution now. Ill update when it happens. Heres a pic of my completed project. Pretty disapointed right now.

Attachments

• DSC03092.JPG
    DSC03092.JPG
    527.7 KB · Views: 21
I bought a brand new T3 complete rifle. It went back to the dealer for a refund after several months of issues, warranty, and less than good customer service. I have a post in this section about it. I've seen a few people say theirs shoots great... I'm curious what "great" is (group sizes). Mine shot terrible before and after warranty. And would not completely eject the brass at all. Just my experience. It is a really cool rifle though. Good idea and design. I wish mine would've worked out.

I have a rifle I build on the T3 Summit action. At first, my rifle shot terrible with many failures to extract and bullets simply not firing. Upon further inspection, I found that the bolt wasn't headspaced properly to the barrel leading to this problem.

I sent it back for repair and am happy to say the repair action has been flawless. I run a 1:9 twist barrel from Tactical Solutions and built my rifle to specifically shoot the Sniper Subsonic 60gr round. The grouping is pretty good. I get a 1" group at 50 yards. With a Thunder Beast Titanium 22LR suppressor screwed on, I have no POI shift and equally if not tighter groups.

Now I have what I consider to be the "ultimate suppressed 22LR rifle". The nice thing about the T3 is it accepts Ruger magazines so I have large capacity mags that I fill with Sniper Subsonic rounds. So I get the best of the bolt action and semi-auto world with this gun.

I have two....both bought new as complete rifles. I love them as suppressor host and accuracy is great. No need to buy another trigger as the PWS is more than satisfactory. One is in a Hogue stock and the other is in a Bell and Carlson 10/22 stock. It is a solid buy.

I have two....both bought new as complete rifles. I love them as suppressor host and accuracy is great. No need to buy another trigger as the PWS is more than satisfactory. One is in a Hogue stock and the other is in a Bell and Carlson 10/22 stock. It is a solid buy.

So, by "Accuracy is Great" what does that mean? What kind of 5 shot groups at 50yds and 100yds will it hold and with what ammo scope combo you are using. I am thinking about acquiring one of these to use as a squirrel rifle but I am not satisfied with a rifle that can only hold 1/2" at 50yds using a good grade subsonic ammo like Lapua or Eley. What can these rifles do using the factory carbon bbl?

Irish

http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...iathalon-strait-pull-10-22-a.html#post3279275

As indicated in that post linked above, I get about 1.5 MOA vertically strung/1 MOA horizontal strung groups with CCI Standard Velocity ruling out 20% flyers. If you're want to know what the rifle can do with better than average but, still "bulk" ammo like CCI Std Vel, you need to shoot 10 or 20+ shot groups and rule out the 20% ammo related flyers that you'll likely see.

I'll try to shoot some more consistent ammo soon and follow up.

Currently TBA Suppressors is building me an integral QAS suppressor for it. I wanted the suppressor tube to be 16" so it appears to be just a 16" bull barrel.

I ended up having to file a form 1 to SBR with a 10" barrel.

Specs:
PWS Summit action/Trigger group
10" Kidd stainless barrel
16" Titanium Suppressor tube
8- Titanium K-Baffles and end cap

Green Hogue Stock
Not sure magnified optic or RDS.

He also ports the barrel to bleed off enough gas to turn bulk/standard velocity ammo to subsonic. I also asked and he is going to build a bushing with matching port holes. That way I can close/block the ports and shoot supersonic ammo supersonic. The bushing is inside the suppressor tube, not not like an outside switch block.

Can't wait!!!!
Fun gun, is the wait over yet? Did you get barrel or are you waiting on ATF? If done, please share photo, thoughts, etc.