• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

T3X 6.5 CM w XLR Element 4.0... mag considerations

Deluded

Private
Minuteman
Jun 3, 2021
rural cali
Seeking information after hours of searching for a reliable answer...
Looking forward to a spring upgrade of my hunting Tikka 6.5 CM into an XLR Element chassis (6 month wait for the parts so I need to order asap). Here is my dilemma: SA chassis with MDT mag minus binder plate or LA chassis/bolt stop/30-06 mag.
I'd like to work up a load for the Berger 156 gr hunters and get reasonably close to the lands, while considering the flexibility to use the chassis with a magnum rifle in the future.
On the first, is notching the feed ramp going to be required to max out the COAL?
On second, is reliable feeding going to be an issue? If so, is there a proper fix?
Looking for advice from those who have real knowledge of this build. Thank you friends!

Why would you want a 6.5 creed in a long action? Do a PRC if you want long or medium action.....

Never go full auto 14092022002009.jpg

If you want to run near lands in a Tikka 65 creed with a 156, you're going to be around 3.03-3.05 touching lands. I ran 156s in my Tikka just inside the 2.99 factory m+ mag length winch was 80k off lands, shoots very well there at 2720fps using lapua brass, and a stiff load of rl26.