• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes T3x TAC A1 with a ATACR 7-35: looking for help selecting scope rings

salmonstalker

Private
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2020
Hi guys, I picked up a T3x TAC A1 in 6.5 Creedmoor last year. Finally saved up and pulled the trigger on an ATACR 7-35. I'm looking for some recommendations for scope rings. This rifle is just going to be for punching paper at the range. I would like to shoot some PRS matches with it in the future. This is my first long range rifle. Everything else I have had has been hunting rifles with 3-9 Leupold VX-2, duplex reticle, and I typically shot 100-300 yards. Any suggestions/recommendations would be appreciated.

Get a 1 piece mount. I use Spuhr and Era-Tac mounts. NF are also a good mount. I have all my high end optics in a 1 piece mount. If you decide on rings just make sure to get a MATCHED set nothing cheap.

Reactions: mildot326
Get a 1 piece mount. I use Spuhr and Era-Tac mounts. NF are also a good mount. I have all my high end optics in a 1 piece mount. If you decide on rings just make sure to get a MATCHED set nothing cheap.

Any recommendations on the 0, 10, or 20 MOA with Nightforce mount? Or the 0 through 38? with the Spuhr?

This , I went with the Badger 20MOA Unimount, since that accomplished everything in one set up, and I didn't have to replace the rail.

I have had good experience with MPA’s 1-piece mounts on my precision rifles. With a 7-35 ATACR, I be looking for around 20-40moa cumulative between rail and scope mount since the 7-35 is known for having tons of elevation.

The Burris XTR Signature Rings have worked well for me, they enable multiple MOA declinations and they're comparatively reasonably priced.

Might want to check out ARC as well they have both one piece and two. I use both and they are good to go for me.

I use an ARC M10-QDL with 20MOA on my Tikka Tac A1. 1.57” height works perfect for my Athlon Ares ETR.

The TAC A1 rail is zero moa. I use a SPHUR 20 Moa mount so I can reach a mile with out using my reticle.
The rail and handgaurd are still aligned.

Reactions: mildot326
Thanks to everyone for all of the help. I ended up getting a Spuhr one piece 20MOA mount. Hoping to get it installed in the next week or two.

Reactions: BikePilot
I also have the Tac A1 6.5CM with a 20 MOA Spuhr mount. Here is data I was able to obtain in case you are curious.