• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

T57 Mags for M1A/M14

rbaker2081

Private
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2010
I have already bought some cheap mags, brand was national and they where junk!! Sent them back and trying to get some good advise on what to buy. I have heard alot of good things about CMI mags for M1A's but does anyone know much about T57 mags and there quality?

Re: T57 Mags for M1A/M14

CMI is the new USGI... who makes the T57?

In 1967 the M14 production tooling was sold to Taiwan, the T57 was there type rifle and thats where the name for the magazines come. They are suppose to be made to USGI standards but dont know nothing about them or how well the funtion.

Different recommends USGI/CMI and Chinese magazines. T57 mags don't make his list.

If they were $12/mag, I'd buy them and use them as range mags. As far as the off brand mags go, this one will probably be the best.....but since they are not being sold for $12/,.. I'd opt for true USGI/Checkmate.. http://www.44mag.com/prodinfo.asp?number=CM20 this work all the time.

I responded in your other thread about M14 magazines, but the long and short is you're unlikely to find authentic T57 magazines these days - buy CMI and call it a day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paulyosh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I responded in your other thread about M14 magazines, but the long and short is you're unlikely to find authentic T57 magazines these days - buy CMI and call it a day.
</div></div>

FYI... http://www.wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?item_id=6721&dir=625|629 ....I'd still buy the 44mag.com $20.49 USGI mags.

Thanks guys for everything, this site is great!

I have T57 mags, worked fine, but often come with a few spots of rust. Have heard from others they had good luck with them.