• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TAB gear range bag....

JW21

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2013
northern CA
With all the great stuff TAB gear makes, I'm kinda surprised they don't make a range bag. Just thought about it when I was browsing around for a new one.

Skip the range bag. They know what they're doing with materials and sewing, they 'ought to make a list of features that people like in packs and start working on a TAB shooting/competition back pack

TAB Gear is everything you need and nothing you don't, so with that said(and I have said it many times) do we really need a range bag or is it a nice thing to have?

What features are you after in a pack?

Myself...

-Some kind of scabbard system that you can lash down around the rifle like a Triad Cover that wraps around the rifle and buttstock and is detachable from the outside of the pack with clips or something. Make it an add on option so guys can use it if they want and if not they can keep the cost of the overall pack down.Maybe make it so it could work for a rifle, or a tripod, that way if you are shooting a Competition Dynamics match and expect to need a tripod you can lash the tripod to the pack and sling the rifle.
-Contoured and padded straps like a TAD Gear pack
-Another add on option, but some kind of molle battle belt for mags and accessories and distributing weight if you have heavy gear in the pack, but with some kind of quick detach option so you could get to a stage, or a hunting spot, or after hiking to a shooting spot, reach back and unclip the belt from the pack and you can dump the pack while retaining the belt, mags, etc.
-One large inner compartment that clamshells open so you can get to everything without having to unload it all to reach whats at the bottom
-Multiple smaller outer pockets of varying sizes for things like a TAB Silent Ammo Carrier, magazines, shooting glasses, maybe some kind of clip or strap for hearing protection

Keep the overall size down, enough to stuff a jacket in it if things are expected to warm up or cool off, room for ammo, range finder, etc, but it doesn't need to be super huge like a three day pack that people want to stuff all kinds of crap into. Go for a purpose built, competition pack with room for gear common to tactical rifle competitions and not much else. Everything you need, nothing you don't.

I've made some bags in the past. I regularly tote around a carry on type bag that I made about five or six years ago. It has held very well to the regular abuse I subject it to with overloaded and heavy weights.

The thing about this type of bag, and what you guys are describing is that it takes so much time to cut and assemble the many pieces that in the past we just couldn't do it because of the amount of time it took to manufacture them.

With that being said, we have and are continuing to add manufacturing capabilities to our shop that will allow us to more efficiently cut and assemble more technical items.

We have several items in the works that I think all of you will really like in the near future.

We are also working with some friends in Italy to develop something similar to what is being described here. I might even have a prototype ready to show at SHOT, not quite sure on that yet.

I appreciate the feedback and suggestions from all of you, they confirm that the direction we are moving in is the correct one.

I have a Maxpedition bag which is great for ammo with a seperator for my data book. it has side pockets and front pockets for Kestrel, rear bag,tools (Borka) ,flash light and such.