• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tab Gear Rifle cover

tmpohuski7

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2008
MD
Just received my new Tab Gear Rifle Cover from Tony and its SWEET. The rifle is a Rem LA w 26" tube and Nightforce in a Mcree folder. As you can see it cover the rifle great with an overlap underside secured with fastex buckels. I picked up this cover for the upcoming Mammoth Sniper Challenge. I am shooting the ETM so with my rifle outside in January in Kentucky for 3 days. I needed something for overnight to protect my rifle from the weather and I am not dragging around a rifle case for 3 days. With the water resistant material and light weight this was perfect. Now that I have it I may be using at every match not just overnights. The quality of construction is great, this one was custom made for my rifle and it fits like a glove. Sorry for the crappy pictures and backdrop my uncle will be ashamed. Keep up the great work Tony. Oh and your shooting the ETM like me your really should think about one of these. That area is calling for snowy weather in January last time I looked at the almanac.

IMG_20121126_194048_671.jpg

IMG_20121126_194531_623.jpg

The cover is large enough when off the rifle to provide a mat area under your stock and elbows when shooting in tall grass or weeds to keep track or you ammo, pencils, and gear.

IMG_20121126_194130_255.jpg

The muzzle area is padded to protect you barrel and crown.

IMG_20121126_194141_414.jpg

Their is padding sew into the cover over the scope also. To prevent scratches and dings. It is enough to provide protection but not bulky.

IMG_20121126_194157_170.jpg

Their is a built in handle stong enough to carry yopur rifle around and with the fastex buckles secure their is not chance of your rifle falling out the bottom.

IMG_20121126_194547_506.jpg

As you can see the bottom is mostly covered and the sling is free top and bottom so during those hikes in the rain between firing positions your muzzle and scope will not get rain drops in them.

IMG_20121126_194610_459.jpg

The cover folds up flat when not in use and can be stowed in your pack. Should fit in most hydration sleeves with your bladder and be out of the way or at the bottom of your pack.

IMG_20121126_194244_464.jpg

Re: Tab Gear Rifle cover

TAB make great gear, and they are great people too.

Mick

If I'm just taking my bolt gun somewhere I'll just wrap it up in the TAB Gear Cover and put it in the back of the Jeep. The cover is one of those things that I wish I'd had when I went to Afghanistan to cut down on the weight and bulk of packing a drag bag. The other nice thing about TAB Gear is that if you want Tony can modify the cover to suit your needs. I've seen guys get them with some MOLLE rows for mag pouches and extra padding around the rifle. The TAB Gear cover is probably some of the best money a shooter can spend.

This rifle cover is one of those pieces of gear that I just don't understand why everyone with a rifle does not have one. I equate it to a holster for a pistol, you just need it. We were issued the Eagle drag bags later in my career and to be honest we never took it to the field. It was bulky, had too many and too big of pockets as you ended up putting too much stuff in it. Heaven forbid it ever got wet as you just added 20 lbs. to your load. Stowing the damn thing while patrolling, was like carrying a winter sleeping. All that to say the TAB rifle cover is one of those must have items, if you value your rifle. Being able to keep the elements off your rifle just makes sense. Tony builds good kit and you will not regret getting a TAB rifle cover.

That's a nice piece of gear. May have to get added to the collection soon. Thanks for the review.

I have one for all my rifles, it is great for transport and keeping my rifles for getting scratched in the safe.