• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TAB Gear Sling Questions

MTAR15

Twist'n Grips & Pack'n Dips
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 20, 2009
    Montana
    I'm going to order a couple slings and I've boiled it down to TAB Gear as I own a couple other of their products I'm extremely happy with what they produce.

I'm a bit confused about if some of the options offered are worth the upgraded price, but first I will explain my intended use for the slings. Primarily I am using them to carry precision bolt rifles with flushcups. Occasionally I may switch out the attachment point on one to HK Hooks to carry various other gasser rifles. I don't expect to be crawling, just upright carry. I also like the feature to lock in my arm for support, I run a Ching Sling on my hunting rifle and appreciate the support it gives when not resting or in prone.

My choices are the TAB Sling with Fastex Buckles Tab Elite Sling with Cobra Buckles or TAB Rapid Adjust Sling (RAS) with or without Cobra Buckles.

Now my questions:

1. Has anyone used the RAS and does it give the user adequate ease in cinching down on your support arm?
    2. Are the Cobra Buckles worth the extra upgrade price? I like the Cobra Buckles but not if they are going to beat the shit our of my rifle.

Any experience that can help me decide which direction to go is appreciated.

Last edited:
    The RAS has the same arm loop as the regular sling does, so it's just as easy to cinch down as our other slings, except it has the metal adjustment buckle in between the loop and the front swivel. This gives you unlimited adjustment when tightening the sling in whatever position you are in.

We sell a lot of the Elite version of all of our slings because they're bullet proof and look really nice. I can't say that I've ever noticed Cobra buckles beating up my stocks, nor have I heard from anyone that they have had that problem.

With that said I have steered many people away from them because they are expensive and about 98% of the time you don't need them to have a great sling.

Personally I like my slings with the rear swivel sewn in. To me it is a more solid connection to the rifle. We sell conversion kits that allow you to quickly switch from one swivel configuration to another.

I've also suggested to people exactly what Triad suggested for a more cost effective way of swapping out swivels too.

I've been using this sling for a few years now. I don't have the cobra buckles but I do have the metal quick adjust buckle in front of the loop. It's a great sling wouldn't hesitate to buy another. Never had a problem with it damaging the stock either. I'm not worried about the paint, krylons an easy fix.
    With that being said buy what you want.

KJ