• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

TAB GEAR update

Tburkes

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2002
Bandera, Texas
Hey everyone, just a quick update since SHOT.

SHOT was outstanding for TAB GEAR. We came out with a few new items that everyone really likes. We picked up several new dealers around the world too. We also have made contact with some US based contract sewing companies that we are currently working with to see if they can make some of our gear for us too.

Our products are also becoming more well known in the military circles and we've received several large orders from various units throughout the US as well that have taken lots of time to get produced and shipped out.

While we try to keep everyones order inside our self imposed two week window, that has slipped a bit since SHOT due to the increased demand of individual orders, dealer orders and military orders.

We've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to train any of our current employees in constructing our new products yet so I'm the one making all of the new stuff right now, while working on several existing special orders that only I make.

I'm juggling several balls in the air at the moment and am behind with getting inventory out to Lisa for our new line of belts as well at the new QA sling, along with a couple of other products we will be offering.

I know that there is a waiting list with Lisa for the new QA sling. This morning a shipment is going out to her with an assortment of the different colors of our new sling for her inventory.

Rifles Only will always have the first inventory of any new product since they are our wholesaler. All dealer orders will be filled out of the Rifles Only inventory unless they don't have it in stock. In that case Lisa sends the order to me, whether it's an individuals order, a dealers order, or a military order. We make the order at my shop and drop ship it straight to where ever it needs to go.

Due to the demand we will also be offering a version of our new QA sling that will allow you guys to purchase the back half of the sling at a reduced price from the whole sling. You will be able to simply unbuckle the rear section of your existing sling and buckle in the new conversion, and you're off. We will offer it with the Fastex buckles as well as the very popular Cobra buckles too.

While we do have pricing worked out on the new sling we haven't figured out the pricing on the conversion yet. We'll be getting that information up on the site ASAP.

I'd like to take this time to thank everyone throughout the world, individuals, dealers, military units, etc for your continued support of our products. This April we will have been in business six years and it blows my mind that something that started in my kitchen dining room has taken off like it has. It's been your suggestions, comments, and encouragement that have kept us running and having production issues almost from day one.

Also, like many people have posted about the customer service of TAB GEAR and Rifles Only, that is all due to Lisa constantly busting her ass to go the extra mile for me, and our customers. Without her and Jacob helping us out we would not be near the company we are today. If an order is late or screwed up it's my fault because Lisa is constantly going the extra mile to make everything as smooth as possible. Jacob and Lisa are the best and our family loves them like our own.

Everyone take care, and good shooting.

Tony Burkes and the TAB GEAR crew.

Re: TAB GEAR update

Tony,

Thanks for the update, I can't wait to try out the new sling!

Lisa and Rifles Only are definitely good to go too.

-Bob

Tony

I have ordered several of your products for shipping to the United Kingdom. All communication with Lisa has been exceptional, she is helpful, quick to reply to emails and always keeps me informed of order progress. Simply outstanding.

I will be placing an order in the next couple of weeks for a rifle cover and SAS.

John

It is great to hear a small business is doing so well in these tough times! I hope things continue to grow. As soon as the conversions come out I'll be picking one up.

I wondered where you had been. Now I know.
laugh.gif

I believe that I might have been TAB Gear's first paying customer, when I bought the prototype of a rifle cover made for a suppressor - a cover which is on my Accuracy International.

Good on ya, mate!

Tony,

While I have your attention- I currently have a type 3 suppressor cover of yours, and I like it a lot. However, I can't use it on my new rifle- when the suppressor is tightened down, it compresses it against the handguard of my AX, due to the tight clearance with my 18.5" barrel:
100_2117.jpg

Would one of the other two types work in this case? I would need something with little to no rear overhang.

I'd be interested in purchasing one, if that were the case.

Thanks,

-Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tburkes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Also, like many people have posted about the customer service of TAB GEAR and Rifles Only, that is all due to Lisa constantly busting her ass to go the extra mile for me, and our customers. Without her and Jacob helping us out we would not be near the company we are today. If an order is late or screwed up it's my fault because Lisa is constantly going the extra mile to make everything as smooth as possible. Jacob and Lisa are the best and our family loves them like our own.

Everyone take care, and good shooting.

Tony Burkes and the TAB GEAR crew. </div></div>

Great customer service. Lisa is an absolute champion.

+1 for TAB Gear and RO

Congratulations! You do great work Tony, and deliver topnotch products. Which reminds me, I need to put in an order for a shark suppressor and rifle cover - I'll call Lisa Monday.

Keep up the great work Tony. You created TAB with the customner in mind and you provide great products and great gear!!

See you soon.

Tony makes great kit. Glad to hear things are booming for you. Also, there are a ton of companies that could use a clone of Lisa. She is amazing.

Bob,

Looks like it is time to get out the old dremel and hack off the first inch of that handguard.
wink.gif

Josh

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MinorDamage</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Bob,

Looks like it is time to get out the old dremel and hack off the first inch of that handguard.
wink.gif

Josh </div></div>LOL! Probably go a half inch longer or so on my next barrel, that will be a better solution.

Yeah, but that setup looks amazingly slick with the suppressor at the very end of the handguard.

Josh

GREAT job Tony. I myself have quite a few TAB gear products. I myself would also like to get in on one of the QA back half sling.

Also TAB gear provides a lot product for the prize tables at the Snipershide matches.

Good for you buddy!

TAB has provided me with stellar customer service, and that's huge to me. What impresses me when I get good customer service from a company is the fact that I am not a guy that has a lot of disposable income, and I do not make any big "blank check" purcheses. I'm a pain in the ass "onsey twosy" customer that drives most mfr/vendors nuts, so when a company treats me well it really shows that they are committed to treating folks well.
And Tony has treated me well!

Additionally, Tony's respect for competitors shows what a class act he is.
Hats off TAB! Best of luck on the new products!

Tony made me a custom sling a couple years back, nice piece of gear. I really like that quick release one at SHOT too. Thats going to be my next one. Keep up the good work! Mark

Doh! Just bought a tab sling, will have to get the conversion now for the QA. Love the sling btw!

Thanks again everyone.

Bob, we have modified a SAS3 cover to fit the DTA rifle with that exact kind of gap in between the can and hand guard. The added cost is $12.00 for the modification. Yours would be the third one we've done. I guess we'll have to add that option to the order page.

Here2learn, yes the belts will be available with the Cobra buckles.

Hey, how about some covers for Spotter 60's? I bet you could sell at least three! I know you have at least one template in your possession! And you have right at one month to get-er-done!
blush.gif

See you soon!
JFL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tburkes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks again everyone.

Bob, we have modified a SAS3 cover to fit the DTA rifle with that exact kind of gap in between the can and hand guard. The added cost is $12.00 for the modification. Yours would be the third one we've done. I guess we'll have to add that option to the order page.

Here2learn, yes the belts will be available with the Cobra buckles.

</div></div>Tony, I'll contacting Lisa about one today. Thanks!