• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos TAC-8 Tuscon Dave

Boltfluter

Gunny Sergeant
Banned !
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2012
Haines, Oregon
Hey Guys,

Just finished Dave's LA Rem. bolt. The bolt was coated in black Cerakote to begin with. I just fluted through the coating. The style is TAC-8.

Looks kinds cool.
cool.gif

Regards, Paul.

Re: TAC-8 Tuscon Dave

Dave,

That looks pretty trick installed in the action. Great idea on your part.

Regards, Paul.

How does deep fluting compare to regular fluting from a function stand point.

GrantB,

As long as the fluting is <span style="font-weight: bold">helical</span> the case is supported and there are no issues. Will function just fine. Hope that makes sense.
smile.gif

Regards, Paul.

Yea it makes sense. Does it help with surface friction, is it easier to operate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GrantB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea it makes sense. Does it help with surface friction, is it easier to operate. </div></div>

Grant,

It definitely makes the bolt cycling process much smoother due to the lower coefficient of drag.
wink.gif

Regards, Paul.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kahekili</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about a package SH deal for fluting and knob installation? </div></div>

kahekili,

I am open to suggestions. What do you have in mind?
grin.gif

Regards, Paul.

I too am open. I just might know someone who needs these services, and I know you support the Hide comunity.
smile.gif

I think that there might be others besides myself who would be interested as well. Maybe a group deal or something like it?

What options would you guys like on a group buy. Coating,bolt knobs,fluting???
grin.gif

Shoot me some ideas.
confused.gif

Regards, Paul.

I'm good with all three, but Maybe provide some options??? Maybe some other members can chime in...