• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tac Ops Alpha-51

Tango down

Minuteman
Dec 2, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
Hi everyone
Looking at a Tac Ops alpha-51, 22" Krieger.
Do you own one and what do you have to say? I am aware of the quality of Mike's rifles, just would like to have the imput of a few owners.
Thank you.

Re: Tac Ops Alpha-51

Have you done a search for them? I don't know much about the Alpha but there are several other rifle reviews posted on here. Mostly Delta and Xray but you will get the jist of the work he does.

T2CH
Yes, I did my Homework, Tac Ops rock. Just wanted to have owners giving some input but I can live without it. The Baker special stock is not the most commun but I did talk to Mike about it and it will work "just fine" and better.
Thanks
Good shooting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ombre noire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buckey
Received loud and clear.
Thanks.
Good shooting. </div></div>

Wasn't being an ass, but I have never seen any model of Tac-Ops rifles that wasn't a hammer!!

Please post some pics down the road when it arrives - we all love looking at Mike's rifles.

Can't go wrong with Tac Ops, Mike R is top notch.
Performance wise you have nothing to worry about, it won't leave the shop if it does'nt stand up to his requirements.

As for the Alpha, i don't own one. The baker special is a rather massive stock, big and heavy so depending on you're use might be a bit overkill for a short barreled 308.
For prone shooting it's very hard to beat.
Personally i prefer it over the A series, mostly due to the grip.

If i was going to get a Alpha i'd buy the 66, in 300 WM, with a 24 heavy barrel, the Baker is a perfect match.

I have and prefer the Tango 51, but have used the Lima 51 and Echo 51. Also the Delta 55. I prefer the Tango due to the stock design and is a little lighter for any position. The others are a little easier for me to shoot due to the extra weight and seem to be more for a specific use. All of Mike's rifles are the best in my humble opinion. You can't go wrong with any of them. Just your personal preference.

While I am not a machinist/gunsmith, the perceived difficulty of clocking the screws of the accessory rail boggles my mind. I suppose he has a great speedy system but I feel like it would be the most tedious task ever! A definite testament to the quality and skill involved.

Buckey
I didn't think you were an ass whatsoever, I like and agree with your statement and took your answer just the way you meant it.
We are all good.
Good shooting.
Ombre noire

Arez
Thanks for your input.
I will move forward on the Alpha 51; I do have an eye on the 66 but it will be for down the road, as I will be looking for a .300 WM or a .338 LM.
Good shooting.
Ombre noire

escopeta
Thanks for your input; moving forward on Alpha 51, the rifle smiled at me on the computer's screen, it's a good sign...or just a bad excuse.
Good shooting.
Ombre noire

JWV
Your comment on clocking the screws of the accessory rail remind me of a story Mike told me over the phone last week. It is one of the reasons he got noticed, a long time ago, by someone working for a Government Agency, the rest is history. His attention to details does not go unnoticed and the accuracy of his rifles speaks loud and clear.
Good shooting.
Ombre noire