• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tac Ops at 450!

T2CH

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2010
Va, USA
I finally got to the range after a month and a half of bad weather and work. Wanted to check some loads that were worked up for another .308 I have and get dope to 450 yds for ground hog hunting.

My spotter dialed me right in to the black circle on the second round and I proceeded to follow up with two more for confirmation. The three impacts in the black circle are my three shot group.

I knew my Tac Ops Delta 51 was accurate but damn...

These rifles are built for shooting the 168 gr. FGMM and this target proves it. This proves to me these rifles shoot as good as they look, maybe better. We didn't have anything to measure with and in hindsight I guess I could have used my Tactical Thumb!

Tac Ops 450yds.jpg

Last edited:
That's some good shooting right there! I'd be proud of yourself as much as you are of that fine rifle.

I was the witness but my tactical thumb wouldn't work well enough to get a good measurement. That TacOps is a fine looking rifle I will say that. Also on Sunday there were 15mph winds which makes the group even that much better.

I was the witness but my tactical thumb wouldn't work well enough to get a good measurement. That TacOps is a fine looking rifle I will say that. Also on Sunday there were 15mph winds which makes the group even that much better.

Throw something of a known size in the pic next time, a piece of brass or a quarter or something

We are both broke after buying these fine rifles so we had no change in our pockets ;)

Seriously, if someone wants to pull the pic and measure it with On Target, I'm all for it.

You must have been using some "pretty dang good ammo".

I talked with JSTARSZ and had heard about your shooting. Good job!